Call the AP to have them issue a warrant for the return of your apostrophes, taken and being made to incorrectly indicate possession on a signboard, victims of some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. The AP can then go to the offending deli, scrape the pink, yellow and white marks onto a piece of tape for return to their rightful owner, leaving behind a copy of their Style Book for future reference. http://www.amazon.com/Associated-Press-Stylebook-Briefing-Media/dp/0465082998
Speedway, I think it's better and more merciful to simply shoot the offenders.
Hee hee, Ms.M. Rocket is, I believe, known rather unfortunately as arugula over in the Colonies. You have a weird propensity for renaming food. Chickpeas you call garbanzo beans (I thought that was a circus act), coriander leaf, cilantro and courgettes: zucchini. Odd.
Well, crayfish and arugula would make a terrible weapon, even if they were in a baguette (unless the baguette was over a week old and very stale).
The American "food renaming" phenomenon is fascinating - I had no idea we Colonists were being so contrary. Garbanzo beans DO sound like a circus act (And now the Great Garbanzos perform death-defying acts high above the crowd!)
10 comments:
Whoops, these apostrophe's seem to get everywhere or no where?
Hee hee.
Call the AP to have them issue a warrant for the return of your apostrophes, taken and being made to incorrectly indicate possession on a signboard, victims of some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. The AP can then go to the offending deli, scrape the pink, yellow and white marks onto a piece of tape for return to their rightful owner, leaving behind a copy of their Style Book for future reference.
http://www.amazon.com/Associated-Press-Stylebook-Briefing-Media/dp/0465082998
Aim the Crayfish & Rocket at them! That sounds like a formidable weapon, especially when housed in a baguette.
Good one, Speedway :)
I saw one today: "Kid's Eat Free."
Oh well. Things could be worse.
http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/
Speedway, I think it's better and more merciful to simply shoot the offenders.
Hee hee, Ms.M. Rocket is, I believe, known rather unfortunately as arugula over in the Colonies. You have a weird propensity for renaming food. Chickpeas you call garbanzo beans (I thought that was a circus act), coriander leaf, cilantro and courgettes: zucchini.
Odd.
Thank you, Petrea. One of my favourite websites.
Well, crayfish and arugula would make a terrible weapon, even if they were in a baguette (unless the baguette was over a week old and very stale).
The American "food renaming" phenomenon is fascinating - I had no idea we Colonists were being so contrary. Garbanzo beans DO sound like a circus act (And now the Great Garbanzos perform death-defying acts high above the crowd!)
A stale baguette can indeed be a terrible weapon in the wrong hands, Ms.M.
I'd like to see the Great Garbanzos in action.
I have both removed one from a whiteboard-type A-board and added one to a fingerpost on the Offa's Dyke path!
Take action!
Hee hee. The world is a saner place thanks to you, Pea.
Post a Comment