We found these in a toyshop, but I feel they would be more appropriate hiding in one of those shops with darkened windows that sell "Housewifes' Friends".
Not sure about the bok choi though … That's gotta hurt!
Not just me, Lynn … I remember an hilarious anecdote of yours way back in the days when the subject of "housewifes' friends" was first raised. Hee hee.
These toys were one of Liv's favorites as a child. She used to pretend to cook me up a nice nutritious lunch daily. I imagine this was a plea on her behalf to me to stop serving mac and cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and Campbell's soup for lunch....
The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture website says: "Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables each day. In particular, select from all five vegetable subgroups (dark green, orange, legumes, starchy vegetables, and other vegetables) several times a week." Who am I to argue with the U.S. government?
Maria: I am so glad Liv managed to educate you about healthy food. I love reading about the stuff you two grow in your garden.
Cali: Being unmarried and male, I have no idea what I mean either.
Lynn: Ah! You remember the story! Hee hee hee. I think single women can look after themselves; it's the ones who are stuck with a man who need to find their own entertainment.
Katie: Hee hee hee and hee again. Beautiful, smart and funny too. Mmmmm …
Lynn: Me neither. How do you get your "five portions a day"?
I think I must be missing something here, being of the older generation. I shall have to ask Katie to enlighten me; there's obviously a gap in my education. (hee hee)
My garden veggies are doing just fine and I'm getting my five/week per USDA.
Hoorah for good, healthy fruit and veggies, especially the home-grown variety. I am still enjoying your glorious, home grown sun-dried tomatoes (as is mum; she says to thank you very much). Delicious!
Hi Darl.....It's me in Paradise. Katie and I have been in touch recently and she spilled the beans.....after being totally heart broken (I told you I'd wait for you here in Paradise)I was just stoked!!! I came over to say hi but your blog was closed.....so glad you are back. I'm thinking about a wedding on the beach here at sunset with frangipani in your hair ....well in Katie's .....gin and tonics on ice.....honeymoon in the spare room.....well maybe not ....we could house swap?????? Anyhow......every good wish dear Dive and Katie!!!
Seeing all these fake veggies reminds me of a prank I played on a neighbor. Just as his beans were about to bloom, I tied beautiful beans from the grocery onto his plants. I knew he checked them almost every day. Boy was he surprised to find fully formed beans so soon! When he began to pick them, he found all those green twist-ties that I used. I'm glad he could take a joke.
I see that zucchini are missing from the plastic assortment. Hmmmm.
Steady on Jules. MB is my husband and a bridesmaid he will not be. Groomsman, sure. Katie will have an entourage of bridesmaids and a matron of honour :)
Lynn: Go stand in the corner or it's s good slippering for you`!
Jules: The "thongs" thing is too icky … remember our language difference!
Petrea: Hoorah for the voice of reason. Thank you so much for bringing some much-needed sanity to my comments box.
And hee hee … Yes, I found with Katie that Americans see strangeness all OVER the place here!
Mme: Steady on!
MB: Do they make high-heeled thongs?
Katherine: "I once had a guy ask me to take pictures of myself with vegetables." is definitely a sentence I shall be using at dinner parties from now on.
Er … so how DID you respond? Hee hee.
Great news about the book, by the way. I'll post something soon!
Sarah: A male bridesmaid without the dress is simply not trying hard enough.
Kate: Welcome back to Blogville. I thought you'd got lost in Brighton. I love the fact that you actually used to WORK in one of those "roll-the-ball derby" things. Awesome! Sorry we missed one another in London. Maybe next time.
I told him I did it but the pictures must have gotten lost. He spent a good long time asking, "Do you did it? You REALLY did it? Can you take new pictures!"
Poor guy never seemed to catch on that I was full of shit.
36 comments:
Only you, Dive, only you :)
Not just me, Lynn …
I remember an hilarious anecdote of yours way back in the days when the subject of "housewifes' friends" was first raised. Hee hee.
These toys were one of Liv's favorites as a child. She used to pretend to cook me up a nice nutritious lunch daily. I imagine this was a plea on her behalf to me to stop serving mac and cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and Campbell's soup for lunch....
Naturally, being unmarried, I have no idea what you mean about "Housewife's Friends." I do not intend to find out any time soon. :D
LOOOOL !!! OH er yes. Well what I meant was only you could imagine such erm 'toys' out of these toys. Giggle...
Is anyone a housewife anymore? Isn't it likely to be singles who would need or erm enjoy the colours of these toys?
The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture website says: "Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables each day. In particular, select from all five vegetable subgroups (dark green, orange, legumes, starchy vegetables, and other vegetables) several times a week." Who am I to argue with the U.S. government?
lol Katie! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Maria: I am so glad Liv managed to educate you about healthy food. I love reading about the stuff you two grow in your garden.
Cali: Being unmarried and male, I have no idea what I mean either.
Lynn: Ah! You remember the story! Hee hee hee.
I think single women can look after themselves; it's the ones who are stuck with a man who need to find their own entertainment.
Katie: Hee hee hee and hee again.
Beautiful, smart and funny too.
Mmmmm …
Lynn: Me neither.
How do you get your "five portions a day"?
I think I must be missing something here, being of the older generation. I shall have to ask Katie to enlighten me; there's obviously a gap in my education. (hee hee)
My garden veggies are doing just fine and I'm getting my five/week per USDA.
Hee hee, Cynthia!
Hoorah for good, healthy fruit and veggies, especially the home-grown variety.
I am still enjoying your glorious, home grown sun-dried tomatoes (as is mum; she says to thank you very much).
Delicious!
I'm so glad you're making WTF Monday a tradition!
I'm married, but I'm a lousy gardener.
Hi Darl.....It's me in Paradise. Katie and I have been in touch recently and she spilled the beans.....after being totally heart broken (I told you I'd wait for you here in Paradise)I was just stoked!!! I came over to say hi but your blog was closed.....so glad you are back.
I'm thinking about a wedding on the beach here at sunset with frangipani in your hair ....well in Katie's .....gin and tonics on ice.....honeymoon in the spare room.....well maybe not ....we could house swap??????
Anyhow......every good wish dear Dive and Katie!!!
Oh by the way - we get the most amazing eggplants here - I'm sure they would add to the "housewife friends" bag of tricks....will send of photo!!!
Ooops - "a" not "of" - got all excited just thinking about them!!!
Seeing all these fake veggies reminds me of a prank I played on a neighbor. Just as his beans were about to bloom, I tied beautiful beans from the grocery onto his plants. I knew he checked them almost every day. Boy was he surprised to find fully formed beans so soon! When he began to pick them, he found all those green twist-ties that I used. I'm glad he could take a joke.
I see that zucchini are missing from the plastic assortment. Hmmmm.
There should be zucchini. Even I know that.
I thought you should know that that is chinesse cabbage, not bok choy dearest Dive. From one housewife to another, of course. :)
Petrea: WTF Monday seems to have gained its own momentum. The problem I have now is finding strange enough stuff to put in there.
Hi, Jules! Lovely to see you again!
Sheesh! We'd better come and see you soon, while I still have enough hair to hold a frangipani!
And YIKES for the eggplants!
Lupine Lady: hee hee! What an excellent prank! I'd love to have seen his face.
Petrea: Or even cougettes.
Mme: Many apologies for my error; all Chinese vegetables look the same to me (ouch).
Crikey old son, - on the beach in paradise !!!
I knew in my heart of hearts we would all get there one day.
Now it's all clear.
Jules, that's perfection.
Just imagine, Dive doesn't even need to bring a pair of thongs, if I remember correctly.
Or was that moi !
Jules, who might give the bride away ? (hint hint).
Gosh, talk of honeymoons, a bride, a house swap with the idyllicly-residential Jules, this is the stuff dreams are made of.
Do we ladies need to buy a new hat? I reckon as we couldn't make the island fantasy, we'd have to all photograph ourselves in our hats in support.
Gosh. Gosh again. :0
MB and Lynn:
Oh, do behave!
Eek MB, we've been told off. I do feel so deliciously naughty. Giggle :D let's go and chortle together at the back of the class.
The bride and groom in matching thongs - how perfect!!!
MB - you could be the bridesmaid????
Oh my god, much too early in the relationship to be talking this way. I think we should stick to vegetables.
Dive, I feel your WTF pain. Just keep your eyes open. Read signs. And remember, your American visitors may see strangeness where you don't.
Steady on Jules. MB is my husband and a bridesmaid he will not be. Groomsman, sure. Katie will have an entourage of bridesmaids and a matron of honour :)
Crikey, my high heels would get stuck in the sand !!!
LOL!!! That's great.
I once had a guy ask me to take pictures of myself with vegetables.
Now how do you respond to that kind of thing??????
Don't knock male bridesmaids! I had one!
(Didn't make him wear the dress, though.)
The pepper would ba a little awkward as well.
I'm delighted that you decided to come back to the blogosphere. There was a real shortage of sarcasm in my life.
I think it is a little bit wierd that we were both partaking of the same sorts of seaside tackiness at the same time. Spooky.
I looked out for you all along the Embankment, and waved to Goodwood on your behalf as well.
Lynn: Go stand in the corner or it's s good slippering for you`!
Jules: The "thongs" thing is too icky … remember our language difference!
Petrea: Hoorah for the voice of reason. Thank you so much for bringing some much-needed sanity to my comments box.
And hee hee … Yes, I found with Katie that Americans see strangeness all OVER the place here!
Mme: Steady on!
MB: Do they make high-heeled thongs?
Katherine: "I once had a guy ask me to take pictures of myself with vegetables." is definitely a sentence I shall be using at dinner parties from now on.
Er … so how DID you respond? Hee hee.
Great news about the book, by the way. I'll post something soon!
Sarah: A male bridesmaid without the dress is simply not trying hard enough.
Kate: Welcome back to Blogville. I thought you'd got lost in Brighton.
I love the fact that you actually used to WORK in one of those "roll-the-ball derby" things. Awesome!
Sorry we missed one another in London. Maybe next time.
Well, veggies have all sorts of uses. And it's obvious that you, Dive, have discovered a few more.
I'm an imaginative cook, Joy.
"Er … so how DID you respond? Hee hee."
HA! I KNEW you would ask me that!
I told him I did it but the pictures must have gotten lost. He spent a good long time asking, "Do you did it? You REALLY did it? Can you take new pictures!"
Poor guy never seemed to catch on that I was full of shit.
Hee hee hee!
Katherine, that is too funny!
Oh. Thongs for the feet. I was thinking...
Never let it be said that we don't have a language barrier here.
Indeed, Petrea … we are two nations divided by a common language.
Post a Comment