As a change from our regular scheduling of happy, sappy posts about luurve, today we bring you something in honour of the lovely Petrea's
wonderfully enigmatic "Zen Monday" series.

Incongruity taken to obscene lengths; this is wrong in so many ways it makes my head hurt just thinking about it.
29 comments:
Oh, tiddle poo tiddle poo! I'm so honored I'm blushing!
I wouldn't have been first, except I've been emailing Katie and pestering her with questions, and she told me to go see Dive's blog right away because I'd like it. I do!
I just love that the place is absolutely devoid of customers. People aren't so easily fooled by a simple sign.
"Because all the rest is just cardboard."
Hee hee! Just the thought of all that grease makes me queasy. Yuk!
Oh I was expecting some holiday photo's. tee hee, I know I have them but you know what I think of fast food!!!!
I was too, Alifan :( lol
Um...Bing is out of town on business all week and I have a KFC run planned....
(ducking now)
Last month KFC was giving away their new menu addition of non-fried skinless chicken breast sandwich or something. We took advantage of it, but have not felt the need to go back for more.
Not by a long shot.
Left something for you and your love at my place.
xxoo
Pru
OH hee hee. Because it's not real or food and certainly not real food? Are you aware they now offer grilled chicken, as in KGC?
WTF Monday is brilliant! Of course my life is more like WTF every day of the fucking week, but this isn't about me it's about KFC! We know what the F stands for, but what about the C? Mmmmm . . .
Could this be a case of false advertising? ;)
Cali, you've got my mind working on a slogan. Something like "California: where every day is WTF day."
Petrea: me likey and it is SO true, isn't it? Sometimes it's a good WTF, but other times . . . well, I guess that is why we'll always have Paris. ;)
I could sure go for some crispy fried chicken, a biscuit with gravy, cole slaw and some peach cobbler right now. Sounds like real food to me!
Darn it! I'm home too late to answer all these lovely comments; I'll have to do it tomorrow night or Wednesday when I'll be working from home. Sheesh! WAY too busy today!
There was a time in my life when I could eat KFC and McDonald's and Wendy's or Burger King and enjoyed every greasy bite of it. It's all very good hangover food. (um...so I've been told)
Now I can't eat any of it without paying horrible gastric consequences.
I'm sorry: I came here expecting to find Dive. I don't suppose anyone knows where he's gotten to?
{;-})
Enjoy!
{:-})
lol Lucio. Unrecognisable isn't he! :)
I'll answer you then, Katie. You fancy some of that? What on earth will Dive say? :0 lol. What do you mean biscuits with gravy? I'm confused like a confused thing.
Mmm, biscuits and gravy. Just call me Tubbo.
Lynn, maybe you're thinking of English biscuits (cookies) and not southern (American) biscuits that are more like scones, but smaller and round. They can really soak up the gravy!
Some years ago I went to KFC after work to pick up dinner and was surprised at the low price and mentioned it; Oh, the teenage clerk said, I gave you the senior discount! Well, I said, I'm NOT a senior, despite my white hair! 'Well,' came the quick reply, 'then for the embarrassment!'
"Reel" food, where they Reel it off the side of the highway...
No, that's gross, sorry.
Actually southern fried chicken with cream gravy over mashed potatoes and hot biscuit with honey -- heavenly, if prepared properly :>)
They also serve non sequiturs - deep fried with extra skin.
Oh thanks Lupine Lady. Yep I was thinking of kind of choccie chip goodies dripping in... gravy. Yuk. I don't know the things you are talking about but thanks!
WTF KFC? OMG YUM!
Katie, in your plan to introduce some yummy American food to the Brits, do include "our" biscuits.
Hi, Petrea!
So glad you didn't mind me stealing and abusing your wonderful Zen Monday idea.
Biscuits and gravy sound yummy, now that I know what you mean by biscuits!
Vic: Cardboard is more nutritious.
Mme: Me, too! Icky!
Mum: I'll post some holiday photos later; don't worry.
Lynn: Aussi!
Maria: I am SO gonna tell Bing what you did!
Lupine Lady: The "healthier options" in junk food places are scary. There are more calories and more fat in a McD salad than there are in a burger!
Prudence: That was a lovely gift. Thank you.
xoxo
Robyn: even if they did actually start serving genuine food I would still never go in a junk food emporium. They should not be encouraged.
Cali: Hee hee! You are incorrigible, young lady!
Petrea: Great slogan!
Katie: Ah … biscuits. Please don't try to order biscuits with gravy over here; you may not get what you expect and you will certainly make a few waiters gag.
Shazza: I'm proud that I've never eaten any of that stuff or even been in their shops. I'm sure I'll live longer and happier because of it.
Lucio: Good to see you back now you've got a break from your studies. As you can see, strange things have happened in your absence. The Smiths have been replaced with Doris Day.
Lynn: I really hope they don't mean jammie dodgers!
Petrea: Tubbo? Hee hee hee hee hee!
Lupine Lady: Many thanks for restoring some sanity to our fevered, biscuity imaginings.
Cynthia: Oh, hee hee! What a brilliant story.
Ms M: Yay for roadkill!
Thanks to Robyn I have a copy of The Lee Brothers Southern Cookbook and I must confess Southern cuisine can be amazing!
Made with good, fresh organic ingredients it is glorious (if occasionally a leetle too calorific) and I have been happily experimenting.
Vanda: Hee hee!
Lynn: I am so glad Lupine Lady put us right on that one.
Neetzy: Hee hee! Actually, that's the first (and hopefully only) time one of those acronyms has ever appeared on my blog (except of course in other peoples' comments).
Lupine Lady: I cannot wait to cook biscuits with Katie. Or indeed anything else.
Im sure it has been over a decade since I ate there. Once in a while I go there and just order the slaw salad. The clerks look at me funny when I do that. True story.
Hee hee!
Post a Comment