And who should I see walking across the Cathedral Plaza?Yay! Allow me to introduce Katie's Cutie Cousin Kim and her wonderful hubby Arthur, over from France for a couple of days. Woohoo!
I love this photo … Not just because it's of Arthur and Kim in front of the Parasite House, but also because they are both from countries who … er … did the right thing and kicked out the monarchy (yay), something I've long dreamed of myself.Vive La Revolution!
Hee hee …
Kim and Arthur are quite a comedy duo. Wonderful, warm people who I got along with immediately. They are very friendly and very funny.
Regrettably, we had to say farewell (or at least au revoir) all too soon.
But we shall meet again in Paris for Katie's birthday later this year.Thank you, Kim and Arthur for a lovely lunchtime treat.
26 comments:
Dive I bet you weren't expecting for me to send my French spies over to check you out! Glad you all managed to meet, even for such a short visit. Can't wait for Paris!
What delightful spies you sent, Katie.
I can't wait to meet up with them in Paris.
And with my girl, of course.
Oh what a wonderful post. Love seeing K&A together and so glad you got to meet them and they, you. A lovely lunchtime treat indeed!
Cynthia: they are such wonderful fun (as you well know). I cannot wait for Paris!
Well Son you certainly meet up with some lovely people, so glad you had a good time, bet you wished lunchtime was longer....
Katie: LOL about your spies! How wonderful to celebrate your birthday in Paris.
Why does seeing the words Parasite House always make me laugh?
Looks a great lunchtime. Did you manage to eat at all? Pity you didn't take an extended.
Mum: I do wish Monday lunchtime had been longer, but I will be able to spend more relaxed time with Kim and Arthur in Paris.
Cali: Ah, those parasites! One day we'll have a nice beheading.
Lynn: Way too busy for a long lunch, more's the pity.
Thanks, Dive, for taking so many pics of our daughter and son-in-law and for taking the time away to meet with them. Comedy duo, huh? You can see it is hard to have family so far away, but we do take advantage of the opportunity to set foot on French soil from time to time.
Debby & Bill
ah, delightful! i wasn't technically savvy enough to view the film version of this meeting (that's what you sent recently, yes lupine lady?). anyway, yes, lovely! always lovely to see photos of this fun couple. i take full credit, too, for their having met. all my doing! happened to be in paris on business (oh, back in the day when i could actually claim such a thing!), and invited newly-arrived-in-paris-cousin-kim to a brunch at my friend eric's house, and the rest is history. yay! arthur thought she looked like jodie foster (and dive, now that you've heard his marvelous accent, you can imagine him saying the name jodie foster - it's great fun to hear HIM say it). i'm so glad you all met. i look forward to meeting you, dive, and to seeing kim and arthur again soon. i cannot WAIT til eero's old enough that i can take him somewhere that he'll remember forever. doesn't seem worth it to jet him around just yet. i don't think he remembers being in oaxaca for the day of the dead when he was two, alas......
Hi, Debby!
Boy howdy, Kim looks so much like you! Hee hee.
And yes, the two of them together are so funny!
I can't wait to follow your lead and set foot on French soil later this year.
And then US soil next year! Yay!
Hi, Trish!
The film version is hilarious! It is Kim and Arthur in Tate Modern and is quite surreal.
I can indeed imagine Arthur saying "Jodie Foster" in his delicious accent. Hee hee!
You are a real matchmaker!
I can't wait to meet you and Eero, too, and to see your lovely new home.
Uh oh, did Sister Trish mention the magic words "matchmaker?" I am intrigued . . . probably shouldn't be, but am never the less. ;)
Beheading, Dive? Too funny to contemplate!
Cali, you are indeed incorrigible! I meant matchmaker for Kim and Arthur!
A state beheading would be fun. In fact there are so many of the parasites in their extended family that we could have one a week for years and make a real tourist thing out of it. Much more fun than the changing of the guard!
Dive wants to meet a child? Good grief, Katie, you really have worked miracles here!
'Boy Howdy' - I recall a while ago commenting that you'd become 'all American-sounding' Dive. Do you remember that? he he I don't remember your answer exactly but I'm sure it must have been a bit squirmy! Now we KNOW why you started the American-speak he he!!
er...more photos pls? :)
I know what you meant, Dive. I was just hoping Sister Trish had some more matchmaking magic up her sleeve . . . for me! You done alright yourself there, young man, what about the rest of us???? ;)
P.S. The beheadings sound like good tourist fun. If it happens maybe I will finally get my rather large sized American ass over the pond! LOL!
What fun! So glad we got to meet and that you were able to take time out of your busy day to give us the 30-minute speedwalking tour of your London neighborhood, complete with local flora and fauna, monuments and ambassadors.
We're very much looking forward to seeing you again in Paris in the fall.
P.S. Doesn't look like I can add a photo to my comment, but I'll send along one of the visit seen from our end!
Gee, I don't think I've heard Arthur say "Jodie Foster". I'll have to remedy that.
Love seeing the photos and hope to see the one you'll send, Kim.
Looks like a really fun time. Dive, you welcome visitors with open arms. You are a fine Brit my friend. Hope I get to meet you someday. No "pint" would be safe.
From one who has had that speed walking tour which was SEVEN miles btw, congratulations Kim and Arthur for being so brave. I should say, lucky K & A for only having Dive during his lunch hour! Hee hee, what fun. I feel like I'm peeking into a family photo album.
Very happy for my friends Dive & Katie. I can't wait for your trip to Paris and the photos to come.
Lynn: Scary, huh?
More photos forthcoming.
Cali: I'm sure Trish would be delighted to apply her skills to you.
In the meantime I'll sharpen my axe and see what I can do about the beheadings.
Hi, Kim!
Thank you for the photos. They are so funny. Arthur certainly has a way with his camera.
It was lovely meeting you both. I can't wait to see you again in Paris. For longer than half an hour this time!
Lupine Lady: Katie has Kim's photos. I'm sure she'll forward them to you.
Mark: Come on over and drink the place dry.
Mme: Hee hee. So sorry I walked your poor feet off! What a cad!
You should have been here when Katie was here last October. We must have walked over forty miles in those two days. Sheesh!
Gee, what a multiple conversation. A great encounter (of the third kind) it was, lovely talk and even pelicans.
And for the crowd out there, I have one thing to say : Jodeee Fostairr.
They are so adorable. Almost as adorable as you and Katie.
Hi, J-A!
It was great to meet you at last. Now I'm looking forward to Paris so I can hear you say Jodie Foster in person. Hee hee.
Neetzy: they're pretty darned cute.
Crikey, ole son; if your camera takes another shot from that bridge with the P.H. in the background, we will all hear about it !
In any case, customers, you can all rest assured that Dive will take your photo on this bridge in St. James' Park each and every time you go and visit him in London.
In fact I reckon I have spent more valuable time in Westminster with Dive than in all of the realm, (with the notable exception of Lynn's Gloucestershire). !!!!!!!!
In fact, (again), Westminster and Gloucestershire are the only places in the UK I have visited yet I feel I have seen all that one needs to ???
Post a Comment