Friday, July 13, 2007

The Pariah Club Again

The Pariah Club has been an unexpected success. Kate has even designed us a lovely logo; it's down in the sidebar if any club members want to nick it.

If anyone's not been paying attention, up until a few days ago I thought I was the only person to have been ostracised by my family for having laughed when I heard Diana had died.
Once I learned that I was not alone I threw open club membership to anyone who has shamed their family and friends by laughing at news of a national tragedy.

The results have been rather splendid.
So far, we have three Diana's, two 9/11s, one Queen Mum and a Kennedy.

Jolly good show, folks!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing my arse off, well photo shopped.

dive said...

I only wish I had the photos you've got, Kate! I could have been truly tasteless! hee hee.

Sassy Sundry said...

Oh, that's tasteless, Dive. Hee hee.

Fresh Hell said...

Should we take a poll to see how may of the membership are card carrying misanthropes as well?

(said with hand raised high above head)

dive said...

Hee hee, Fresh. My hand is up, too.

And Sassy: I wouldn't like to disappoint my blogpals by going all Hallmark; of course it's tasteless.

Scout said...

Wow, that really is a tasteless display, but your Photoshop skills are to be applauded.

Anonymous said...

I'll put my hand up if fresh and dive explain what the big word means in a simplified language my poor fluey brain can understand tonight.

dive said...

Thank you, Robyn; I'm proud to be tasteless, but a Photoshop Jedi Master such as yourself will know that all I did was nick a couple of photos off the web and paste one onto the other.

Misanthrope, Kate: One who hates and distrusts so-called humanity.
Named after a Miss Anne Thrope, who had permanent PMS.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Ouch!! I loved Diana until she married that creep Charles.

dive said...

Things certainly went rapidly downhill after that.

Scout said...

"Named after a Miss Anne Thrope" hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

Terroni said...

Well shit, now I'm waiting around for a national catastrophe so I can laugh my ass off and join the club.

Where's the bird flu when you need it?

Fresh Hell said...

I feel so warm and fuzzy in this crowd. "Miss Anne Thrope"... Har Har!