Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Revolting Colonials

I'd been preparing a nice lefty rant today, taking key phrases from the Declaration of Independence and contrasting them with events and political statements from more recent years (and both parties) to show how those wonderful principles have been eroded and degraded by successive administrations.
But then I thought "Fuck it. Let the buggers enjoy themselves."

So Happy Independence Day to Robyn, Sassy, Rich, Prudence, Ame and Bear, Maria and Bing and Liv, Terroni, Fresh Hell, SLS and Frances and to all who sail in you.
Woohoo!

Meanwhile, over here on the side of the pond that still can't get rid of our parasitical monarchy, newly unelected Prime Minister Brown has announced the removal from the Executive of the power to take the country into war; that power so abused by the disgusting Bliar.
It will henceforth revert to being a Parliamentary decision, so George, when you invade Iran you'll be doing so without us you warmongering bastard.
Perhaps this could be the start of our own Declaration of Independence from the USA. Here's hoping.
"Yee" - and probably "Haa" as well.

Enjoy your fireworks.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't a revolution start with a tea party?

dive said...

Yaaay!
Thank you, Kate.
I'm now going to make a cuppa and then I'll walk up the road to the Parasite House and kick the Queen in the arse!

Anonymous said...

Can I watch? Or can you get pics? Now THAT would definately rate blog of the year.

I've left an explanation of my "I dream" in my comments section, just so sarcastic grumpy men don't get the wrong impression.
Love and hugs back at ya.

dive said...

Thanks, Kate. That's lovely.
I'm now sipping my tea in your Grandfather's memory.
Here's to him and to more innocent days.
Cheers.

Scout said...

Ironic, isn't it, that the mother land would work toward independence from the child land. It's kind of like leaving the kids with a baby sitter for a week and leaving for vacation. Oh wait, I've done that at least twice, and both times I went to London. It's all just a big crazy circle.

dive said...

It confuses the heck out of me, Robyn.

I'm thinking of moving to Antarctica and living in a hole.

Anonymous said...

if you do that - move to antarctica you'll become part of old k's i hate "nan nooks" blogs.
Anyway you only want to move there to eat the whales.

Didn't Michael Fagan climb up the wall and into the queens bedroom?
Jusr climb up the rose trelis with your i pod. Stick the earphones in queenies ears and play The Offsprings "get a job" flat out. And while she freaks out you can drink her tea.

dive said...

Hee hee, Kate.
I don't know about Michael Fagan; as soon as anything "royal" comes on the news I switch it off. Ew! The Queen's bedroom! What a horror story that must be.

And you've made me hungry now. Mmmmm … whales … Yum!
That's sorted then; sushi for lunch.

peahen said...

I'm not sure I'm with you on kicking the queen - isn't that treason? Look at the fuss that Aussie bloke caused when he gave her a helpful guiding arm.

I agree that Gordy's saying the right things, though. If he keeps this up, I might even have to support him on 'best of a bad bunch' grounds.

dive said...

Hey, Pea.
Did I say "kick"? I meant "kill". Damn these typos.
And check Prudence's comments on the "Cheetah" post yesterday for advice on not voting for the best of the worst.

On a lighter note I've been laughing like a tickled hyena all morning, sneaking looks at Monkey Fluids. Thanks for that one. hee hee.

Terroni said...

Meanwhile, Cheney continues to do whatever the hell he wants while we blow up small explosives in our backyards.

I know...it's a holiday, and I should be more festive. I've had it with these fucknuts, though.

We celebrate independence. They tap our phones and read our emails.

dive said...

They tap our phones and read our emails too, T. But at least you got rid of the monarchy; that's reason enough to celebrate. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I think I killed Old K with that last post. the new one will definately tip him over the edge. Apologies in advance Dive for posting pics you can't open at work.

dive said...

Hee hee hee, Kate.
Luckily I am home now!
Woo … and indeed Hoo!

Maria said...

I don't know if I can stand to read any more blogs today celebrating America. I started to write that in my blog and chickenshitted out. I didn't relish getting even more hate mail than I already do (mostly from gay bashers who tell me that I only need to experience a true blue die hard American male to make me right again.)

I think I would fancy a spot of tea right now. And perhaps some crumpets. I have never eaten a crumpet, but in the Harry Potter books that Liv loves so much they make much talk of something called a "treacle tart." Could you enlighten me, Dive?

Ame said...

Awwwwwwwwww thanks Divey Boy!

I'll blow on a "sparkler" for ya!

Just let your imagination roll with THAT one!

And be careful of those bomby things too...stay safe AND sane!

Love ya!
=)

dive said...

Hi Ame!
Lucky sparkler! hee hee hee

Maria: If that's "Right", then I wanna be "wrong".
Crumpets, by the way are yummy. But very messy as hot buttery stuff tends to get everywhere. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Treacle tart is a shortcrust flan base filled with a gooey mess that is mostly syrup and just looking at it makes all your teeth fall out. If you want to experience death by sugar buzz, try some; if not, steer well clear!