Monday, June 28, 2010

WTF Monday

After last week's ærial toilet tomfoolery, here's another one.

We found this in Bloomsbury.
Phil foolishly stood underneath and looked up.

14 comments:

Katie said...

Æwesome ærial æuthouse! I don't think I would stand under it though. What was Phil thinking?

Petrea Burchard said...

Eau, Katie you make me laugh!

Dive, what is it with Brits and the raised toilets? Why must one climb to such heights in order to relieve one's self?

And you make fun of Americans.

dive said...

Hæ hæ hæ, Katie.
Phil was thinking 'I hope nobody flushes this thing.'

Petrea: The raised toilet thing seems to be this summer's fad. Maybe it's a government initiative to get us all fit by forcing us to climb up there.

I make fun of Americans? Hee hee.

Cynthia said...

It appears others are also wondering, judging by the first photo. I've seen outhouses in odd places but this takes the cake!

Honestly, you Brits and scatological humour...

Vanda said...

Scary! And I thought walking under a ladder was bad lück.

dive said...

Cynthia: I feel sorry for the poor builders who have to use it in full view of the busy street out front of the British Museum.

Vanda: Workmen up ladders generally only drop buckets of paint on you so this looks WAY worse!

Todd: Hahahahaha! Mercifully it stayed dry while he was under there.

mark said...

I think this photo explains why the British Empire went south. You still make some good gin though.

dive said...

Neetzy: Hee hee hee!

Mark: We do? I had no idea. I don't think I've had a G&T in twenty years.

Katie said...

This sure give the phrase "to be hoist by one's own petard" a whole new meaning.

dive said...

I've always loved that phrase, Katie. I have never (yet) been blown up by my own bomb, but my cousin Elizabeth tells me that petard is also French slang for … erm … bottom-wind, in which case I very probably have been hoisted by it at some point.

Petrea Burchard said...

It's very to know slang terms in other languages. I even got in trouble in England a few times because I didn't know the slang.

Katherine said...

Phil! That's worse than looking up at a flock of flying birds!

from cali said...

Doesn't stuff like this piss you off? ;-) And just today I used the expression shit out of luck!

dive said...

Petrea: I have the same problem with English slang. By the time I find out that a word is a slang term it is already out of use. Hey ho.

Katherine: Much, much worse! Eww.

Cali: Hee hee. However cultured we become, there's always something funny about scatological jokes.