Thursday, June 10, 2010

500 Words XL - Story Time

This week's sentence was taken from John le Carré's short story, 'Call For The Dead.'

It was: 'Miss Adam herself dispensed the nastiest coffee south of Manchester and spoke of her customers as "My Friends".'

Just the one story this week (so far):

Dive's 'Disappointment And Ketchup'

Back in real life (well some of it, anyway) with a tale of mist-shrouded marshes and squelchy stuff underfoot.

Next sentence tomorrow; a special request from Vanda.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dive. It's time for a rant, or at least a new cooking session. I feel deprived.

dive said...

Many apologies, Lupine Lady. I am all blogged out at the moment. I'm sure it will come back at some point, however.

Anonymous said...

ok. that's understandable.

dive said...

I only wish it were. It confuses the hell out of me. Suddenly I appear to have lost the will to rant. And at a time when there is so much to rant about.
Hey ho.

Unknown said...

a complement on this day's sentence :

Manchester England England
Across the Atlantic Sea
And I'm a genius genius
I believe in God
And I believe that God
Believes in Claude
That's me that's me

Have you ever considered pulling out your guitar and play the backline of a musical ? we've seen Hair yesterday, pretty cool -- Cheers, J.A

dive said...

Hi, J-A!
Wow! You got to see Hair? How cool! Now I'm going to be singing Aquarius all day.