Monday, June 07, 2010

WTF Monday

19 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Oh no! I hope it wasn't a toad!

Ms M said...

A variation of binge and purge?
I don't think seeing her "emetic power" would "excite" my imagination -- however, it might bring me other unwanted consequences. Bring on the Rolaids!

Shan said...

I just regurgitated in my mouth a little bit there. I guess I can still be considered ladylike though eh? :D

dive said...

Hee hee, Ladies!

This was actually an exhibit in the Tate that I found earlier this week. The security man was looming so I couldn't take any more photos but the artist had made a whole room full of hilarious faux circus posters. This one was my favourite, however.
I hope to meet the Regurgitating Lady sometime soon to see if she can bring back my lost youth.

Petrea Burchard said...

FINAL DAY. Ominous. Poor dear.

dive said...

Petrea: Ominous indeed. One wonders what her final regurgitated item might be.

Anonymous said...

Maybe her final act would be to turn herself inside out and then disappear like the hillside badger.

dive said...

What an entertainingly horrific thought, Lupine Lady.

Katie said...

I wonder if she could upchuck the pink watch I lost when I was 10. Bummer the guards were hovering as I'd very much like to see more awsome posters like this!

dive said...

It's her final day, Katie, so you'd better run if you want to get your pink watch back.
I shall have to pop along to the Tate (if I ever have a spare moment here) and see if I can photograph some more, or at least write down the artist's name so I can look her up.

Cynthia said...

What a fabulous imagination. I love it. By all means get the name of the artist; I'd love to see what else she does.

I have a number of lost earrings; perhaps if I look through her, um, upchuck, I'd find them.

dive said...

Hee hee and EWW, Cynthia!
Hey, I take it you enjoyed the finals at Roland Garros? I shouted myself hoarse at Francesca Schiavone's glorious display. The best women's final I have seen in many a year.

mark said...

Dive, you and I were watching the same thing at the same time. I was sipping coffee and you were probably sipping a gin & tonic. A great final indeed.
Im still looking for my lost shaker of salt.

dive said...

Gosh, I've not had a G&T in twenty years, Mark. I quite fancy one now, though it's a bit difficult to find a bar in the office. Hey ho.

Robyn Martins said...

"Emetic power" is such a wonderful phrase. I wish I had such a power.

Cynthia said...

Yes indeed I was watching the ladies final; got up at 0600 hours to do it and I agree, it was a fabulous match. Better than the gentlemen's final, I thought.

dive said...

Robyn: such a power would be awesome! What a superhero you would make. You could stroll into Congress and make the entire Republican Party run screaming for the toilets.

Cynthia: I had a feeling you might be up in time to watch it. Yes, the ladies' final was so much more intense and emotional than the men's (and that was pretty good in places). I was up on my feet shouting at the telly, especially during the tie break, when Schiavone pulled ahead and started dancing around the court between each point.
Wonderful stuff. Now bring on Wimbledon!

neetzy said...

Some species feed their young through regurgitation. I believe it is an art form. Think owl pellets. The bones are preserved. Students get to reassemble them. Might be a nice installation someday.

Kate said...

I wonder if THIS is where all of my missing earrings are! I had a friend who once visited India and saw a guy there with a fish in a fishbowl. He would drink the water in the bowl, swallowing the fish in the process. Then he would yak it all up, the fish would still be alive, and he'd do it over again.