Sounds yummy! In the Philippines drunken would be 'nilasing' and we have all sorts of 'nilasing' food - which would include 'nilasing na hipon' (prawn). We should pop by there, Dive, one Saturday. I'm very curious if they're any good. That's in the city centre, right?
I get so pissed off at grammar like this. And here on the plains, we hear it a lot. Phrases like "We got some bad weather today!" or "I got some mustard for that hot dog, if you like" just irritate me to death.
There is a bar a few blocks from our home called "The Neighbers" and it made me crazy until I discovered that "Neighber" was actually their last name. And then, it bothered me because there was no punctuation.
As a rule, I refuse to buy foods with misspelled names too, like Froot Loops.
Hi, Hapi! Welcome. Have a nice day yourself. Ingat!
Betty: I will never be able to eat prawns again without thinking of it as prawnography. Hee hee. Thank you for that.
Robyn: Great minds think alike.
Lynn: It is a little off-putting, which is one reason I buy my shellfish from David next door.
Cali: It loves you, too.
Cynthia: Oh, hee hee hee! Now I'm going to have to shop around for one of those.
Neetzy: Always check for lobsters in the mornings.
Mme: Yes indeedy! There are some lovely "drunken" dishes from around the world. I've tried a few. And these strange Monday things are there all around us, I don't need to go looking for them.
Well, now that the subject is crabs (I know, I'm a couple of days late), it's time to share my wonderful discovery of a few days ago at the local toy store.
Our own Games of Berkeley is selling the Giant Microbes line of stuffed toys (www.giantmicrobes.com, everybody!)
They have quite a collection of dreaded diseases (the toy designed to look like the bacterium) and some larger pests such as head lice, which is my very tenuous connection to crabs and my excuse for mentioning it here.
With these fine products, you can give a friend the clap, or polio, or the common cold.
They even have helpful stuff like white blood cells, a very charming neuron, and a bit of yeast to help you make your beer or bread.
When we got to the counter with the brain cell, the cashier assumed my kid was buying it because school is starting soon. But really, we can all use a little extra brain any time of year.
25 comments:
Is "WE Got CRABS" anything like "We Got Lobsters?"
Blue Crabs,Dungeness, Snow Crabs, Kings Crabs are all good! Toilet crabs...on the other hand... are bad.
Well if the prawn had stayed sober, maybe he wouldn't have gotten crabs.
Well now, THAT really says it all, doesn't it...
Sounds yummy! In the Philippines drunken would be 'nilasing' and we have all sorts of 'nilasing' food - which would include 'nilasing na hipon' (prawn). We should pop by there, Dive, one Saturday. I'm very curious if they're any good. That's in the city centre, right?
rotflmfao. Well captured. Too FUnny.
Your diabolical writing asignment has had me buggered for days, but I finally figured it out.
Besides the funny part of this...
I get so pissed off at grammar like this. And here on the plains, we hear it a lot. Phrases like "We got some bad weather today!" or "I got some mustard for that hot dog, if you like" just irritate me to death.
There is a bar a few blocks from our home called "The Neighbers" and it made me crazy until I discovered that "Neighber" was actually their last name. And then, it bothered me because there was no punctuation.
As a rule, I refuse to buy foods with misspelled names too, like Froot Loops.
Apparently it's a little less uncomfortable, Lupine Lady.
Neetzy: I think ANY of them in your undies would be bad news!
Katie: A lesson for us all.
Ms.M: It certainly says more than I like to read at mealtimes.
Joy: thanks for the language lesson. The place is right next door to David's fishmongers.
Kate: I'll go take a look when I get home.
Maria: I am totally in agreement. In addition I never look at a blog written in that Godawful kidspeak that uses "2" for "to".
Ick.
hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....
Prawns with crabs should have stayed at home and looked up some prawnography on the internet. It would have saved a visit to the STD clinic.
OH, ha! I was going to say something, but Katie beat me to it.
Ew how very unappetising.
They sure are proud of having crabs. Love the drunken prawn!
Betty: I thought I could do some prawnography at home but then realized I didn't have a prawnograph. Oh well.
Heehee. I agree.
There really is a recipe for "drunken prawns" - it's an asian dish of some sort.
Laziness in grammar really can create some unpleasant and perhaps unintended images can't it?
You do amaze me the way you find these things for your WTF Mondays!
Hi, Hapi!
Welcome. Have a nice day yourself.
Ingat!
Betty: I will never be able to eat prawns again without thinking of it as prawnography. Hee hee. Thank you for that.
Robyn: Great minds think alike.
Lynn: It is a little off-putting, which is one reason I buy my shellfish from David next door.
Cali: It loves you, too.
Cynthia: Oh, hee hee hee! Now I'm going to have to shop around for one of those.
Neetzy: Always check for lobsters in the mornings.
Mme: Yes indeedy! There are some lovely "drunken" dishes from around the world. I've tried a few.
And these strange Monday things are there all around us, I don't need to go looking for them.
Perhaps it's a variation of "Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas":
Lie down with drunken prawns, wake up with crabs.
Hee Hee!
Hee hee hee, Lulu!
Excellent!
We've had signs like that around here as well. Seems like a good catch phrase--hee hee! Get it?
Hee hee. You gals are on form today!
Well, now that the subject is crabs (I know, I'm a couple of days late), it's time to share my wonderful discovery of a few days ago at the local toy store.
Our own Games of Berkeley is selling the Giant Microbes line of stuffed toys (www.giantmicrobes.com, everybody!)
They have quite a collection of dreaded diseases (the toy designed to look like the bacterium) and some larger pests such as head lice, which is my very tenuous connection to crabs and my excuse for mentioning it here.
With these fine products, you can give a friend the clap, or polio, or the common cold.
They even have helpful stuff like white blood cells, a very charming neuron, and a bit of yeast to help you make your beer or bread.
When we got to the counter with the brain cell, the cashier assumed my kid was buying it because school is starting soon. But really, we can all use a little extra brain any time of year.
Oh, my!
Thank you for this, Sarah. I love it!
Damn, now I need to find some kids so I can buy them this stuff.
Wonderful!
Sorry I'm late. Hell week. At least they share their crabs. Isn't that what they're for?
Hee hee, Petrea.
Post a Comment