Monday, August 10, 2009

WTF Monday

28 comments:

Joy said...

I'm confused.

savannah said...

and on an organ! *snickering* xoxox

dive said...

Just today, Joy, or is that more of a general thing.

Hee hee (OW)!

Savannah: Certain organs do tend to swell and become … er … great … ahem.
xoxox

peahen said...

I knew (smug mode)

dive said...

Hee hee, Pea.
Katie took this in Ranworth church. I just love the "Swell To Great".

Katie said...

Dive I'm sure you were muttering "WTF!" every time you turned around and I was taking yet another silly photo. I couldn't believe I found this kind of racy language in a church though!

Cynthia said...

Organists do it....well never mind. Not going there.

Katie...what am I going to do with you? Honestly.

dive said...

Katie and Cynthia.
In all honesty I only saw the innocent meaning:
"How ya feeling?"
"I'm feeling swell. In fact I feel great!"
It takes the good women of Blogville to see the seamier side.

Now I am going to spend the afternoon wondering just how organists do it.

dive said...

… which reminds me of one of my favourite scenes from a Deanna Durbin film.

I think it was the one where she sings "I love to Yodel" (yay)!

They're in a church and a little boy comes running up to the vicar who is standing beside the organ.
"Father, may I pump your organ?" he chirps, and then grabs this big phallic handle that seems to be sticking out from a very inappropriate part of the vicar and starts pumping away like there's no tomorrow.

Ah … such innocent times.

Shan said...

Oh Noooooooo! Hilarious movie summary Dive!

I never first think of the more seedy meaning of things but I ALWAYS manage to set Jamey up well for a crude line. ;)

from cali said...

Unfortunately, I've learned not to believe everything I read.

Cynthia: do tell, how do organists do it? Doctors do it with patience.

Alifan said...

Ha ha it never said that on the old harmonium I used to play in chapel.....just behave and go and see my nice cake on my blog....

Petrea Burchard said...

I admit I first thought of the "snicker snicker" meaning. Then I thought, "well that's rather smug." Good photo, though. Katie's perfected the mini-close-up.

neetzy said...

I had a music history professor who was an organist. He always told us that with an organ you have to "play the building" not the instrument. The bigger the better! I never knew he could "swell" his organ with the push of a button!

dive said...

Shan: I am sure Jamey would never stoop so low. Hee hee.

Cali: I always believe everything I read. It certainly makes the world a more interesting place.

Mum: I remember that old harmonium. Sheesh! That DOES take me back!

Petrea: Katie is brilliant at spotting oddness. She managed to find weird stuff I never knew existed in places I've visited every week for decades.
Actually, that goes a long way to explaining what she sees in me.

dive said...

Neetzy: history professors have many hidden powers. Be wary of them.

Sarah Williams said...

Great photo! There are lots of funny things written on organ stops. This may be the best, though.

I'm definitely between swell and great today.

dive said...

Sarah: Between swell and great is a pretty good place to be.
I'm between "pooped from a frantic Monday" and "Please can I go to bed now?"

Vanda: Hee hee.

MmeBenaut said...

Yes, well, ahem. I think it's all been said. WTF?

Scout said...

Cool organ stops. You people are nasty. hee hee

Ms M said...

This is both swell and great. (Good photo, Katie!)

Anonymous said...

Organists do it with pedals.

dive said...

Mme: Excellently put.

Robyn: Nasty and proud. Hee hee.

Ms.M: Katie is such an excellent photographer, I have been using more of her photos than my own.

Lupine Lady: That's rather more information than I needed just before bed.

Maria said...

I am constantly talking filth and don't realize it.

Just today, I was quizzing a mom about her son's difficulty latching. (She's breastfeeding)I inadvertently said her husband's name instead of her son's.....

("So, has Ben had any difficulties latching or has he been age appropriate?")

Kate said...

I was always partial to "Octave Coupler". So erotic.

neetzy said...

OK Dammit I took the 500 word challenge, I have teenagers spending the night for my eldest's 17th b-day. I wrote some shit. It sounded a bit like a story so I posted it.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Just popping in to say I haven't written anything yet (eek) but there is a good reason. Quite apart from the partying (what better reason?) I have a German student visitor who is filling the time I would normally have. All good fun and I want to help her with showing her things and with her English so I may be a little AWOL for the project. Will make up for it when she returns to Germany (end next week) though so will be in full competition again with a sharpened pencil! he he.

dive said...

Maria: Hee hee and eww!

Kate: It does have a certain something.

Neetzy: If I had teenagers in my house I'd fetch a gun rather than a pen, but well done for you; your story is excellent!

Lynn:
All-weekend parties?
A German student sleepover?
If I'd tried those excuses on my own headmaster I would have heard the swish and thwack of his cane.

Let this be your last warning.
Hee hee.