Some of the stuff that comes oozing out of their brains is fantastic and even sane … some of the other stuff, however, makes you nervous when they smile at you.
Let's start off though with a treat for Rich.
Rich, you wanted a candy-apple red Elise; here's a sweet little Mark I with your name on it.It even comes with free balloons.
What more can a man ask?
This is one of the saner projects, and will be whizzing noiselessly past you fairly soon.It is the Tesla.
The first real electric sports car.
Marketed out of San Diego to catch the Schwarzzenegger Green Wave, these little beauties are made here (that's Phils' "Chrome Orange" paint job).
If you want to go from 0 to 60mph in 4 seconds without any engine noise this is the baby for you.
A usable range between recharges and a top speed to take your head off, married to Lotus's worldbeating handling gives you a pretty groovy package.
Currently only available in California but coming to Britain next year.
Expect to pay around £48,000.
And you can park 'em for free in Westminster, which, if you work here like I do will pay for itself pretty bloody quickly.
This is your standard Yank package: the Elise "California".It's basically an Elise with pretty leather door trim so Americans can pose when they get in and out.
Rumour has it they're making one twice as wide for fat American butts.
If you want a sane, family car, this is as close as you'll get: the current model Europa S.Watch out for the Eagle though; coming soon.
Every year at the Goodwood Festival of Speed they have a "Soapbox Challenge" where anybody is welcome to make an unpowered go-kart to race down the twisty hill-climb course.There are always some spectacular wipeouts.
Lotus used to make a different kart each year but as they always won they've been kinda banned from taking part.
This is one of them. Sweet, huh?
This was Lotus's cool 4WD concept car which they stupidly never put into production.It wipes the floor with the Porsche Cayenne.
And is considerably prettier.
Still in the Design Team building, this is what happens when little fingers play with clay.These things get modelled up in mud for wind tunnel testing and for making the moulds for the real thing.
Meanwhile, in the rubber room …Some idiot is about to try to race across the antarctic in this.
It's got an open cockpit fer Chrissakes!
He'll be dead before he's gone a mile.
Hey ho.
Back to Coolsville and the massively wonderful Lotus 340R.They only made 340 of 'em so you'll have to scour eBay.
Sweet but yet somehow insane.This is the Lotus Exposé.
A totally see-through racing car which holds several hill-climb racing records and can be seen going nutjob at races all over the world.
And here's the car I want the most.Lotus are pretty hot on their Green credentials; they are about to put up three massive wind turbines to power the whole factory.
They make hybrid cars but this is their biofuel Exige.
Note the in-joke of the green leather seat on the green stripe side and the yellow seat on the yellow side.





15 comments:
Guess who??? It's me in Vietnam - am waiting in the lobby of the Victoria Hotel Sapa (google it - it is magnificent)for the bus for the o/n train back to Hanoi, and found a computer with broad band!!!
Must rush. Thanks for visiting while I have been away!!!
Jules xx
Cool, Jules!
Broadband must seem wonderful after your normal connection.
Have a great holiday!
I want one of those hard impact test rigs for dealing with the little shits in my class.
You know what they say, never work with children who are animals.
Heehee.
I know what you mean, Kate.
Whenever I visit my schools (like I did this morning) I want to go equipped with body armour, a cattle prod and a box of stun grenades.
Little girls can be terrifying.
And big ones aren't much better.
I love the see-through car and especially the soapbox car--the international soapbox derby happens about 45 minutes from my house, and it's a very big deal here.
HEY! Lay off about fat American butts!
The soapbox car is fun, Robyn!
And your butt is cute, not fat. I remember from not touching it outside the Tate (OW!)
I want to come live in Phil's Magical Kingdom. All the vroom vroom and sweet lines ... It's enough to drive a girl mad. But then, I like fast cars, big engines, and stunning bodies that handle like a dream. Especially when they aren't from one of those trite German auto manufacturers.
Phil will be delighted to welcome you, Fresh.
You can pop over and tell him yourself; he's at "The Monkey God" in my sidebar.
i'm with fresh...i want to slide into one of those beauties and be swept away by all that power right under my fingertips...feel that surge, that yes...yes, yes moment!!!!
cool photos dive. I like the concept of these cars. It sounds like Phil got the brains in your family. Hahahahaha
I'll have the little red one in the first photo please Dive. xxx Mme
Savannah: these things are SCARY when you put your foot to the floor!
And Phil certainly got the brains, Rich. He gets to play with toys all day and they send him off to consult with people all over the world.
Not that I'm jealous.
Oh, no (sound of grinding teeth).
Mme: You may have to fight Rich for that one.
Thanks Bro, for the posts I should have done "yonks" ago but have never quite managed to put together.
Everyone is welcome to visit.
If you are in the area one day, give Dive a shout and I will "make it so".
Rich, Dive got the brains, I just watch paint dry and play with toys.
You boys and your cars....
Silly willies...
We boys and our willies …
Post a Comment