Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dem Bones

Hokay.
So even though I spend seven hours a day commuting in and out of London I still like to go there on my days off.
Phil's been wanting to go see the dinosaurs in the Natural History Museum so off we toddled to Olde London Town.
It was a beautiful sunny morning so I decided to do my normal daily walk to work from Liverpool Street Station to Westminster (follow the trail on Google Earth to see how bloody fit I am). I love this view when I reach the river. Our lovely soft London light I keep banging on about.

Saint P's is always spiffy in the mornings.

I know it's a bloody long walk but it beats the hell out of driving to work and just walking across the car park.

So eventually we get to the Natural History Museum. It's a cool building; there are stone monkeys climbing the columns and snakes and birds and fish carved everywhere. Fun.

And there are dinosaurs with monster cocks! Check out this guy! Whooee!

Triceratops; jerky, stop-motion star of many a Ray Harryhausen epic monster movie.

I think this is the one Jesus rode.

Critters.

Kinda scary for the manicurist.

Bigfoot (I'm size 11, whatever the Hell that is in the States … I don't know).

Inevitably, Phil gets collared to take photos of girls with inadvisable trousers.
Young lady; have you SEEN yourself from behind?
That's an offensive butt. Pack it away in a nice flowy skirt for decency's sake.
Sheesh!

More pics later.

13 comments:

Scout said...

Her butt's not so bad is it? Maybe she just should wear larger trousers.

The dinosaurs look fun, except for the critters that bring back terrible images of Jurassic Park.

dive said...

They do, don't they? Horrid little things … Brrrrr.

And to wear spray-ons, you need a perfect ass; she looked like she was trying to force a couple of melons inside a sock. Ick!

Sassy Sundry said...

She has a great ass, Dive, and I'm straight.

I think it's funny that I have photos of all of those things, only with Fluff.

Did you see Jesus?

dive said...

Only when I eat cold pizza and drink scotch in bed.

Fresh Hell said...

I'm with you, Dive. Ever so often people step out of the house thrilled with the latest fashinos that they've eeked themselves into and without the awareness of what they look like. However, her offense didn't look that bad. Just a little snug. Tight trousers do have the side effect of certain seams applying interesting pressure on certain areas they are hugging as one walks, so perhaps the lass was just getting some yuks.

Great photos. I'm itching to come see the light in London... and surrounding areas.

dive said...

Come on over, Fresh.
As for that butt, grabbing a hold of that would be like swimming in blancmange. Ick.

savannah said...

i miss london...hell, right now, i'm missing everything! FANTASTIC walk, sugar!

dive said...

Hey Savannah! You're back!
We missed you. I'll pop on over to your blog to say hi.

Maria; I think it's just the spray-ons. They make it look like when she peels 'em off her butt's gonna drop to her knees.

And yup; that's one monster stiffy!

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

That pic of St.Ps reminds me of State Street in mAdison wisconsin and the state capital building, here in the states. Nice photos thanks for sharing.

seven hours huh?? wow!!!

dive said...

I sleep through a lot of it, Rich.

peahen said...

I had no idea that there were so many skellys. I've been there once but a very long time ago and I don't remember all that fossilage. To a small child they'll look so much bigger, won't they. No wonder kids are so fascinated.

dive said...

There's loads more skellingtons, Pea; I only photographed a few.
Never mind kids; get down there yourself (only let me kow so we can meet for lunch). Take Helly; she'd love all the animals carved into the architecture.

Ame said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

XOXOXO

;)