Before we go, this is for Kate (sorry):
The Science Museum is full of boys' toys, like this aeroplane crashing into a lighthouse.Any males reading this will be making the sound effects already.
Proper technology doesn't need sissy computers. It needs overalls and a lump hammer.
But science moves on … from beam engines we move through to Babbage's Difference Engine.Now that's what I call a computer.
No fucking "error message" there, Mister Gates.
to the real deal.The Science Museum is just one huge building full of sex if you're a middle-aged bloke who never grew up, like me.
Hennyway … after lunch we went to see how Nelson's getting on.His statue is actually life-size; I'm really, really tiny.
If anyone missed my post of the unveiling party with the man himself, here it is.
Then we went shopping and Phil spent the gross national product of a small country on a watch.He also lost a game of "Pin The Tail On The Parasite House".
London's fun.
Come visit.
Buy me coffee.



9 comments:
will you take me to the museum, sugar? xx
The question is "Did you have fries with that?"
"Tartare sauce?"
"Lemon wedges?"
I think whale is best served with a deep fried japanese person.
Savannah: I'll take you wherever you want to go.
Kate: steamed rice, soy sauce, wasabi and a side bowl of miso soup.
And as Shinzo Abe has just deep-fried himself I'll have him cut into bite sized chunks for you.
Surely such a once beautiful creature deserves special fried rice.
Yes, London is fun.
The suspended plane is beautiful, but I think I would prefer that it veer away from the light house, and the sound effect would be just as cool.
Hee hee. Very special, Kate.
Robyn: London IS fun with you. Come back and enjoy more of it with me.
I would love to visit London, but I am embarrassed to tell you where I want to go....
Carnaby Street. I want to go there. I also want to go look up Bill Bryson's house. He prefers your turf to ours and I want to ask him a few questions. I love his books.
And, let's see...I want to try all the foods that I have heard of but never eaten: treacle tarts, kidney pie, shepherd's pie and figgy pudding.
In return, I promise to bring Bing and you can take her to some pubs where decent music is played to drink warm ale or something. I will tag along and drink ice cold apple martinis.
Oh, and Liv wants to see Hogwarts. If it isn't too much trouble....(c'mon, that bunk about it not being real isn't true, I recognize your slytherin smile.)
Are you and Phil brothers? Anyway this is a great post and a good look into London.
As for Phil spending all that money on a watch... I don't wear one because I don't want to be a slave to time, so I can't identify with him.
Hokay, Maria:
Carnaby Street is not the same as it was in 1966. Like the rest of the Oxford Street area it exists solely to prey on tourists and sell them tat.
Steer well clear.
Bill Bryson lives a couple of villages away from me in Norfolk; nowhere near London. He's lovely and a great local activist.
Treacle tarts: yum; Kidney pie (it's actually steak and kidney pie): yum; Shepherd's pie: yum; Figgy pudding: nobody has eaten that since the middle ages.
Sod pubs; we'll get a load of musicians together and jam all day with Bing while you drink yourself into a stupor.
The cool thing about Hogwarts is that most of the buildings exist; the only trouble is they are dotted all over the country. And yes, I'm a Slytherin man.
Rich: We are indeed. And I'm with you on the watch thing but he likes 'em so I'm happy for him to indulge.
Post a Comment