
"Hey ho, here we go."
(Syd Barrett from "Flaming" off "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn").
At last it's here: Groover's Flying Pig Week.
So eyes down for a Fracas Monday Melee with yet another twist of Vic.
1: The Misanthropic.
(Name something - about humanity - you absolutely hate).
"Forward! He cried from the rear,
And the front ranks died.
The General sat,
And the lines on the map
Moved from side to side."
Us And Them: "Dark Side Of The Moon"
2: The Meretricious:
(Expose someone or something that's phony, fraudulent or bogus).
"You know it's going to get harder,
Harder and harder,
As you get older"
Dogs: "Animals"
3: The Malcontent:
(Name something you're unhappy with).
"Every year is getting shorter; never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say."
Time: "Dark Side Of The Moon"
4: The Meritorious.
(Give someone credit for something and name it if you can).
"Ginger, Ginger you're a witch."
(Yup; I still think Willow is sexier than Buffy)
Lucifer Sam: "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn"
5: The Mirror.
(See something good about yourself and name it).
"Yippee!
You can't see me,
But I can you."
Flaming: "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn"
6: The Make-Believe:
(Name something you wish for).
"You're the kind of girl that fits in with my world.
I'll give you anything, everything if you want things.
I know a room full of musical tunes.
Some rhyme, some ching, most of them are clockwork.
Let's go into the other room and make them work."
Bike: "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn"
Apologies for the preponderance of early stuff but (a) I'm old, and (b) I don't consider Mrs. Gilmour a lyricist worth quoting. I'm a Syd man.
And if you don't know where the post title's from, you shouldn't be here.
7 comments:
I wish I knew the first thing about Pink Floyd so I could think of something witty to say. As it is...I've got nothing.
You should see me---I'm playing. Great post. Great week.
Sweet, Sassy.
Robyn: Floyd were a great psychedelic band who got po-faced and lost their inspiration in the late seventies, then fell apart.
When they re-formed, they'd lost their lyricist, the guitar player's wife was writing the lyrics and the band were formulaic.
They still had a great light show though; I used to go see them just for that in their later years.
Sorry, you kids, but that's the way it is.
I have become..comfortably NUMB!!
You need more coffee, Rich.
I'm doing that one later in the week.
Floyd are kind of melancholy and introspective when you read the lyrics.
Robyn - Floyd is the perfect chill out music. But if you listen while your driving it can put you in a hypnotic trance.
hmmm ... Do not listen to Floyd whilst driving - or operating any form of heavy machinery... not a good thing. Nope.
Let's see if the foggy brain recalls... something about any fool knows a dog needs a home...
Post a Comment