Friday, June 04, 2010

500 Words XL - This Week's Sentence

Yikes!
Today, '500 Words' turns forty!

This week's sentence is taken from John le Carré's short story, 'Call For The Dead,' where George Smiley makes his very first appearance.

It is: 'Miss Adam herself dispensed the nastiest coffee south of Manchester and spoke of her customers as "My Friends".'

Have fun with it. The usual rules apply.

6 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

I think she must be a hairdresser. I don't know of any other "sales person" who serves coffee!

dive said...

You could well be right, Mme. I wish I could get a coffee at my barber's, but all I get is Italian TV and lots of shouting.

be of courage ~ adonia prada said...

fun sentence....i'm hoping my creative juices are flowing :)

dive said...

I hope so too, Adonia.

Vanda said...

Waitress fixation, eh?

dive said...

Er … I have to fess up, Vanda; those waitresses seem to creep in when I'm not looking.