Mum: I'm amazed Oscar managed to raise himself off his fat, furry butt long enough to yawn, let alone to comment.
Vanda: I have no idea what's wrong with clay litter (probably something environmental), but yes, cats will indeed steal your breath while you sleep. They love doing stuff like that. They're the ones who catch spiders and drop them into your mouth at night then slink off and giggle in the corner.
I'd like to see a cat protest -- ever heard the phrase "it's like herding cats"? [BTW, our cat had an asthma attack after using clay litter over a period of time; we have to use litter made from corn husks.]
Sorry I didn't go back for the actual protest as it would have been amusing to photograph the owners trying to get their cats to look like they cared what was going on. I guess cat owners should look into the clay litter issue though. And watch the video Petrea has offered up!
Clay litter: some like it not. Wonder if the cats had little signs saying things like: "Clay litter? We don't need no stinkin' clay litter!" Katie finds the best things.
Petrea: Hee hee. Does Berkeley still have that reputation?
Cynthia and Lupine Lady: Katie was tempted to go to the protest with her camera to see how the protesters managed to control all their cats. It must have been chaos.
Mum: I'll stop calling Oscar a fat, lazy wuss when I actually see him move (other than to yawn).
Neetzy: I dread to think!
Ms.M: Corn husk litter? Sounds a whole lot nicer than clay.
Petrea: Hahahahahaha! Thank you for that. What a classic.
Katie: You should have gone along. I would love to see what happens when a whole load of disgruntled people turn up in one place each carrying a cat.
Cali: She sure does!
Shell: I had no idea this was a cause until Katie sent me the sign, but if it's better for cats and the environment then I'll support it.
Hee hee, Petrea. Me, too! In fact not just my head, but most of my body could be replaced, if only they provided donor cards for young, buff guys to donate their muscles to saggy old guys like me.
My message to you Dive disappeared, I guess that I clicked before I entered, if you get what I mean. Anyway I enjoyed the photo Katie & the words, Dive and the comments, everyone!
My sister worked for EDS years ago, Mme B. She sent me the video way back when. I've never forgotten it and always check it out when I need a laugh. I think it's brilliant. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.
Any one out there ever try to change to a different cat litter? I did (from clay to some sort of nice smelling no-dust sawdust-based stuff), and THAT was a cause for protest from my cat. He went on a litter strike. Very nasty. After three days I finally gave in and went back to the old stuff. There's no messing with a cat protesting about litter.
Ms.M: I must confess I find polenta about as appetising as cat litter.
Mme: Katie sure knows how to spot a good Monday photo. And the comments bag on this one has been hilarious.
Katherine: I regret to say that I have had that very experience in the past, which is why I like my current feline arrangement: Next door's three lovely cats live in and around my house; they sleep and play in my garden and crap in his and he has all the feeding and vet's bills while I get the purrs and cuddles. Hoorah!
Petrea: It sure is a doozy. Yay for your sister!
Kim: Your cat is gorgeous, but definitely strong-willed and opinionated. I can just picture him turning his nose up at the new litter. Hee hee.
24 comments:
ha ha. Oscar thought that was good!
They should have wrote "caturday".
What's wrong with clay litter? Will my cat steal my breath in my sleep because I've been putting the wrong litter in their box?
Mum: I'm amazed Oscar managed to raise himself off his fat, furry butt long enough to yawn, let alone to comment.
Vanda: I have no idea what's wrong with clay litter (probably something environmental), but yes, cats will indeed steal your breath while you sleep. They love doing stuff like that. They're the ones who catch spiders and drop them into your mouth at night then slink off and giggle in the corner.
I have a friend of mine who believes that cats would start fires if only they had opposable thumbs.
Hee hee, Vanda. Give them opposable thumbs and we wouldn't stand a chance. They'd make the coolest supervillians.
Berkeley cats will protest anything. They probably don't like how it gets stuck in their Birkenstocks.
I don't see any cats! Were they too low to be included in the photo of the sign?
I hate getting that clay litter between my toes as well; cats deserve better.
But, what's the fur-or about clay litter?
Cynthia and LL back @ Lupine Lady's.
Oscar was offended at your remarks young man you wait until he sees you again! he hates this wind and rain.
So in what do those malcontent Berkeley Cats prefer to poop?
I'd like to see a cat protest -- ever heard the phrase "it's like herding cats"?
[BTW, our cat had an asthma attack after using clay litter over a period of time; we have to use litter made from corn husks.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmgLtg1Izw
Must. Watch.
Sorry I didn't go back for the actual protest as it would have been amusing to photograph the owners trying to get their cats to look like they cared what was going on. I guess cat owners should look into the clay litter issue though. And watch the video Petrea has offered up!
Clay litter: some like it not. Wonder if the cats had little signs saying things like: "Clay litter? We don't need no stinkin' clay litter!" Katie finds the best things.
Hee hee! Katie, what a great find, and Dive, I appreciate you supporting a great cause. I wouldn't touch the stuff for my kitties.
Petrea, that link is wonderful. I needed it!!
Cali, I'll send them signs if they need them.
Petrea: Hee hee. Does Berkeley still have that reputation?
Cynthia and Lupine Lady: Katie was tempted to go to the protest with her camera to see how the protesters managed to control all their cats. It must have been chaos.
Mum: I'll stop calling Oscar a fat, lazy wuss when I actually see him move (other than to yawn).
Neetzy: I dread to think!
Ms.M: Corn husk litter? Sounds a whole lot nicer than clay.
Petrea: Hahahahahaha! Thank you for that. What a classic.
Katie: You should have gone along. I would love to see what happens when a whole load of disgruntled people turn up in one place each carrying a cat.
Cali: She sure does!
Shell: I had no idea this was a cause until Katie sent me the sign, but if it's better for cats and the environment then I'll support it.
I don't know about the current Berkeley reputation. I still have some old parts in my head that probably need to be replaced.
Hee hee, Petrea. Me, too! In fact not just my head, but most of my body could be replaced, if only they provided donor cards for young, buff guys to donate their muscles to saggy old guys like me.
@Petrea: That video clip is hilarious!
@Dive: The litter looks a lot like chunky cornmeal. My husband says he'll never be able to eat polenta again :)
Well I just watched the video Petrea. Absolutely gorgeous!! Where do you find these things?
My message to you Dive disappeared, I guess that I clicked before I entered, if you get what I mean. Anyway I enjoyed the photo Katie & the words, Dive and the comments, everyone!
Ever try to get cat damp cat litter off a linoleum floor? Even when it dries, it leaves residue. No wonder the cats are complaining.
My sister worked for EDS years ago, Mme B. She sent me the video way back when. I've never forgotten it and always check it out when I need a laugh. I think it's brilliant. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.
Any one out there ever try to change to a different cat litter? I did (from clay to some sort of nice smelling no-dust sawdust-based stuff), and THAT was a cause for protest from my cat. He went on a litter strike. Very nasty. After three days I finally gave in and went back to the old stuff. There's no messing with a cat protesting about litter.
Ms.M: I must confess I find polenta about as appetising as cat litter.
Mme: Katie sure knows how to spot a good Monday photo. And the comments bag on this one has been hilarious.
Katherine: I regret to say that I have had that very experience in the past, which is why I like my current feline arrangement:
Next door's three lovely cats live in and around my house; they sleep and play in my garden and crap in his and he has all the feeding and vet's bills while I get the purrs and cuddles.
Hoorah!
Petrea: It sure is a doozy. Yay for your sister!
Kim: Your cat is gorgeous, but definitely strong-willed and opinionated. I can just picture him turning his nose up at the new litter. Hee hee.
Post a Comment