Monday, May 17, 2010

WTF Monday - Scoobies Special

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the wheels!

Katie said...

Rut-row Scooby! Very cool van; I especially like the groovy hubcaps.

dive said...

Lupine Lady and Katie: Hee hee. I just love the total … er … professionalism of the paintjob.

Alifan said...

Those colours! is that what gave you the bad head? hope you are better today. x

Need your help with the music!

Joy said...

Coolness! I remember when I was younger, I'd watch every single episode of Scoobie Doo. I loved Scrappy Doo more than Scoobie.

dive said...

Mum: feeling a little better today, thanks. And yes, I'll sort out the music for you.

Joy: Coolness indeedy! This is usually parked by the Guildhall on a Saturday morning and is driven by a hippy chick who sells flowy, summery skirts and beads and stuff off a stall.
Scrappy Doo? Really? You must be the only person on earth who prefers that annoying little tyke to Scooby. Hee hee.

Vanda said...

Another piece of pop culture I'm only familiar with second hand. *sniff*

dive said...

Vanda: It's never too late to catch up, though I'd recommend that you stick to the early stuff.
All together, now:
"I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids."

mark said...

Scooby rocks and so does that paint job. I would pay several bob to see Prince Charles take that for a spin around Buckingham Palace.

dive said...

Mark: And I'd pay several quid (and a Scooby Snack) to see it run the bugger over.
"Argh! I'd have inherited the throne from mummy if it weren't for you pesky kids."

Unknown said...

That's absolutely fabulous.

/rips the rubber-mask off the strange goblin man, "Mr. Dithers from the Carnival!"

neetzy said...

It reminds me of the flower power stickers we put all over my mom's car (and refrigerator door).

Brown said...

There's where I parked that!

Ms M said...

This goes along with Katie's post about the Partridge Family. Definitely flower power.

MmeBenaut said...

Love those wheels. Cool man. Flower power forever...

Well, that was an era that some of us might prefer to forget. Personally, I'd have to have very sore feet to be seen in this baby.

dive said...

Todd: Yes, the writers on Scooby Doo certainly had a thing about Carnies and Circus folk.

Neetzy: Sheesh, that brings back memories. I have a chest of drawers in the gym that I've had since I was a kid and the insides are still covered in those stickers.

Brown: So it was YOU in that long, flowery skirt and beads getting out of the driver's seat!

Ms. M: Ah, the early seventies: truly the decade taste forgot.

Mme: Not so sure about cool, but definitely fun. I'm with you in wishing to forget that era (especially my bum-length hair and stinky afghan coat).

Alifan said...

Ha ha just seen you have mentioned the coat, I must find that photo up again of the long hair and the goat coat! only joking!