The sentence was: 'We must act, and act quickly.'
I had expected stories set in the thirties and maybe a guest appearance by FDR himself, but instead we find ourselves - somewhat bizarrely - entangled in the modern American service industry.
That's one of the things I enjoy most about 500 Words: the surprising and delightful randomness of our writers' fecund imaginings.
Got your coffee to hand?
Settle in then for this week's stories:
Vanda's 'This Unamerican Life'
Clashing cultures formed the modern US of A and by the look of things, they are still at it. Vanda's Raj is a character I really want to see more of, though reading this week's story I am kind of glad that I'm anosmic.
Oh, and a great title, especially for us NPR fans.
Dive's 'The Gentleness Of Bees'
Caffeine, shouty old men, the dreadful things hairdressers name their shops and orange plaid slacks. I'm back with my apparent waitress fixation this week.
Any late stories will be added as they come in, and next week's sentence will be posted tomorrow (if I can think of one in time).
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment