In the spirit of the season I took this week's sentence from Charles Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol'.
The sentence was:
'Really, for a man who had been out of practice for so many years, it was a splendid laugh, a most illustrious laugh.'
So quick off the blocks it made my head spin, Katherine had written hers and posted it before the ink was dry on last week's assignment:
Katherine's 'The Right To Laugh'
A truly chilling Christmas message reminding us that a large part of the true spirit of Christmas is that of charity and of giving.
Wonderful and thought-provoking.
Vanda's 'Ho Ho Ho'
Ah, my fellow Scrooge gets her teeth into the festive season and gives it a well-deserved savaging.
This one will keep me grinning and giggling for days, especially when my postman delivers the next brown cardboard package.
Dive's 'The Fourth Ghost'
This looked like being around 10,000 words long so I had to cut out just about everything to get it down to 500. Perhaps I'll rummage on the editing room floor for next Christmas.
A very Merry Christmas to all our readers.
9 comments:
Gosh I wish I had time to read these. I'm pulled between the kitchen, the ironing board, the polish, the hoover, the wrapping, the baking oh the baking.... yes it's Christmas.
I've added a comment to yours of yesterday Dive ;)
Lynn: Christmas? Bah! Humbug!
Hee hee.
Enjoy every festive minute.
Dear WordMaster Dive,
Please excuse my tardiness in this weeks writing assignment (not to mention the rest that I have missed).
Due to circumstances beyond my control (my body totally rejecting pennicilin and sending me to hospital after re enacting the worst bits of The Exorcist and the bible) I shall be a tad late in handing in my homework.
Rest assured its on the way.
Hugs and kisses,
Merry Christmas,
Love Kate.
Good to have you back on board, Kate. Sounds like you've been having a real fun party.
Have a great, hot, summery Christmas down there in the big red land.
These are great! You scrooges are the best!
Hee hee, Todd.
Thank you and a very Merry Christmas!
I haven't read the stories yet, but wanted to wish you and your readers a Merry Christmas.
(I will read them though. I haven't missed a week!)
I will be reading these pieces very soon -- looking forward to it with pleasure :)
Have a great holiday, Dive!
Cali: Merry Christmas to you! Have a splendid time over there in snowy California!
Ms.M: Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment