Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Melee

Woohoo! It's Monday.
I hate the weekend even more now I can't get a proper connection in the village. But for once I'm not going to moan about that in Fracas Monday Melee. There's a whole world of other crap to moan about. Here's some:

1: The Misanthropic.
(Name something - about humanity - you absolutely hate).
This week I have been mostly hating Lorraine.
Actually, she's not so bad but the old song was playing in a shop on Saturday and I misheard it. So ever since I've been singing "I can't stand Lorraine, at my window … etc."

2: The Meretricious:
(Expose someone or something that's phony, fraudulent or bogus).
Scooter Libby's character witness: Dick Cheney. Hee hee hee.

3: The Malcontent:
(Name something you're unhappy with).
The fact that "Late Junction", the only essential programme on music radio has been shortened and put back an hour to 11:30 as part of Radio 3's "dumbing down" agenda. Twats!

4: The Meritorious.
(Give someone credit for something and name it if you can).
Kate for her fabulous reportage photos of the shipwreck on her local beach. Brilliant!

5: The Mirror.
(See something good about yourself and name it).
I have nice hands.

6: The Make-Believe:
(Name something you wish for).
People who commute by train and tube to put on their fucking after-shave/perfume when they get to work and not to gag me with the stuff.

10 comments:

Scout said...

Kate's shipwreck was amazing, wasn't it!

"I can't stand Lorraine, at my window..." very funny.

dive said...

That song's kinda stuck in my head now.

And Kate's posted some more photos since. They're fantastic.

M.Benaut said...

Yep,
Kate is probably knackered after all she's been through.
Better reportage than any newspaper.
Ripper, Kate.

dive said...

Absolutely, MB; she's a star.

M.Benaut said...

Dive, old son,
Since you asked me about returning to the UK with a real Aussie Bunyip, on your next trip down here, I thought I should make the necessary preparations. Please be so kind as to return here and all shall be revealed.

Sassy Sundry said...

Lorraine---Leave Dive alone!

Old Knudsen said...

Nice hands?

dive said...

You better believe it, sweetie.

MB: You're on, cobber.

And Sassy: Hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

Awww you guys are the best and the reason why i blog. :)
Yep i am kinda shattered, i've had a massive weekend. but the sun is shining here now.
laughing my head off about "I can't stand lorraine." :)

Maria said...

God...there is a guy at work who I swear wears English Leather. A bottle a day. When he walks by, people literally sneeze. I just try to avert my whole self when he talks to me. He compensates for this by getting closer and closer in order to try and engage me.....

He has this unassuming, Mr. Rogers personality, so kindly and warm. It would be a shame to tell him that he stinks.