Ah, the joys of the saleroom. This little gem from 1963 was nestling in a box of LPs from the likes of Elvis and Dean Martin. Fortunately for my sanity I was outbid on this occasion.
They just dont make LP's like Paddy Roberts used to. He missed being part of the British Invasion by a mere 25 years. Rest in peace Paddy. We hardly knew ye.
Well, this is quite an album cover. I've never particularly thought of bull dogs as gay; it's more like they show their delight through wheezing and precise snorts. As for Paddy, I don't know....
I just like his name. I always wanted to have a friend named Paddy. A friend with a gay dog would be okay too. But...I want to pick up the phone or answer the door and say, "Hi Paddy, what's goin' on?" so badly...
12 comments:
Oh. That took me a very long minute to figure out. I'm guessing in 1963 gay meant something else, though dog already meant what it sometimes mean.
They just dont make LP's like Paddy Roberts used to. He missed being part of the British Invasion by a mere 25 years.
Rest in peace Paddy. We hardly knew ye.
Hee hee, Mark. I don't know what his music was like but I sure am glad they've stopped making album covers as awful as that one.
See if you can find a picture of his LP jacket with the title "Sinful Rugby Songs." It is quite an eye catcher.
Great album cover! They don't write em like that anymore!
Here you go, Mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQC30sbT5Sk
Well, this is quite an album cover. I've never particularly thought of bull dogs as gay; it's more like they show their delight through wheezing and precise snorts. As for Paddy, I don't know....
Oh, lordy! Thank you for that, Mark.
In case anyone else wants to see, here's a link:
Sinful_Rugby_Songs
Neetzy, I am SO glad!
Petrea, you are a true superhero. That level of research shows a level of commitment way beyond reason.
Ms.M, the thought of a "precise snort" made me laugh so much that I emitted one myself.
I just like his name. I always wanted to have a friend named Paddy. A friend with a gay dog would be okay too. But...I want to pick up the phone or answer the door and say, "Hi Paddy, what's goin' on?" so badly...
Ah, your Irish ancestry manifests itself, Maria.
Is it just me or does Paddy look a little too smirky?
It's not just you, Vic. I pity that poor dog.
Post a Comment