Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Morning Wood - Twister


5 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

I will lose sleep wondering how this ent became twisted.

dive said...

I think it suffers from Itchy Squirrel Syndrome, where it reaches a branch round to scratch the itch but can't quite get to it so it ends up like this.

Alifan said...

Tee he love this one…

Speedway said...

That is so cool! I love your explanation, Dive! In lieu of the possibility the tree just twisted with e the light and the wind as the seasons passed, could it have started out as three seedling siblings that sprouted in tight formation? They then would have become entwined and, eventually, fused.

Or ... maybe it had vines on it and somehow the tree's bark grew over the vines?

I've seen pink and white dogwoods I've though were one tree until I sat back and looked at them. They maust have been wrapped together by the nurseryman, then left to grow.

Ms M said...

Looks like the tree is a tough survivor. Very unusual. I wonder, too, how it grew to be that way. It could very well be itchy Squirrel Syndrome....