Lupine Lady: We've just had a couple of weeks of humid, ninety-plus weather and I don't want any more. Getting home to a house that's been shut up all day with no air con and trying to sleep in it has been a nightmare. Roll on autumn.
Cynthia: It certainly was that day. It seems weird not being on the train to London at this time on a Monday morning. That's going to take some getting used to.
I say the sign is actually pretty vague. If they wanted people to stay out of the water, why not just say so? The kids sure look like they're having fun.
13 comments:
Well, sometimes it's the only way to cool off.
A week of 90-degree humid weather is approaching us. This looks pretty inviting.
What fun! It must be really hot in London!
Lupine Lady: We've just had a couple of weeks of humid, ninety-plus weather and I don't want any more. Getting home to a house that's been shut up all day with no air con and trying to sleep in it has been a nightmare.
Roll on autumn.
Cynthia: It certainly was that day. It seems weird not being on the train to London at this time on a Monday morning. That's going to take some getting used to.
Hey it's safe enough - I see no oil slick.
Vanda: The kiddie-pee slick is even worse. Just wait until BP start deep-drilling for kiddie-pee in the Gulf and you'll see.
Maybe they don't understand English? :D
I highly recommend getting an a/c!
I say the sign is actually pretty vague. If they wanted people to stay out of the water, why not just say so? The kids sure look like they're having fun.
:D It's much safer to use in private but if you don't care about privacy then GO FOR IT!! Wallow it up!!
Looks like some lawyers got together and found a way to cover the city's behind in case somebody slips and breaks an ankle.
I'm not surprised, really. I'd be more shocked by a photograph of an empty fountain.
Joy: I'd love to have air con in the bedroom, but the fact that I'd only need it one or two weeks of the yer makes it too expensive.
Katie: I think it's not safe for public use because there are kids in it.
Shan: People regularly get arrested for using Trafalgar Square's fountains for more private acts but fortunately there were none there that day.
Petrea: I think you've got it in one.
Pilgrim: I have some of those. Usually it is too damned cold to go in there.
Just can't keep people out of the water....
Hope it cools down soon!
Ms.M: It is due to get even hotter and stickier this weekend. Gack!
Post a Comment