I think Lupine Lady's right, it must be a shrimp. (Giant shrimp, the old oxymoron joke.) It's an interesting photo. Is there some fluff or dirt or other junk stuck to the wiring? I'd love to see it lit up.
Petrea: Giant shrimp: hee hee. This little fella sits on a pole on top of the cliffs at Cromer. He was originally covered in tinsel (no idea why) and the last remains of it are still clinging to him. He is part of Cromer's seaside illuminiations, and only makes any kind of sense if you are from Cromer.
I shall have to head over there one evening and see if I can find him lit up.
That's wild! My first impression was a leftover fireworks display. But then you said it's lit up at night; hmmm, does one have to be 'lit up' to see it properly? Very odd. Are there more or is this the only one?
Cynthia: I think most people in Cromer are lit up pretty much most of the time. And yes, there are many more miscellaneous marine creatures stuck up on poles along the clifftop.
Shan: Hahahahahahaha! Boy that bug zapper would kick out a stink with a giant shrimp frying on it.
Katherine: I sometimes find myself doing that, too. The only problem is I always wake up before I get to be a butterfly.
Katie: Nothing much in Cromer makes any kind of sense at all. Which is part of the charm of the place.
Ms.M: Hee hee. Shrimp shaving sounds a pretty strange occupation. The parade of marine creatures on poles is lit up right through the summer season. There are more recognisable things like dolphins and crabs but this little fella looked so cute and dejected I just had to snap him. Plus of course he's weird.
Nice to hear they're lit up. I thought those little boxes at the corners looked like they had something to do with power, but I neglected to enlarge the photo and didn't realize those little bumps were lights. Is there any chance of having a night time photo with the lights on?
Mum: I think you can buy them at David's fish stall.
Lupine Lady: I tend to find myself in Cromer once or twice a year so next time I am up there after dark I shall hunt down the shrimp and photograph it in all its illuminated glory.
15 comments:
Beach art? Shrimp?
WTF?
I think Lupine Lady's right, it must be a shrimp. (Giant shrimp, the old oxymoron joke.) It's an interesting photo. Is there some fluff or dirt or other junk stuck to the wiring? I'd love to see it lit up.
Lupine Lady: shrimp: yes; beach art: allegedly.
Petrea: Giant shrimp: hee hee.
This little fella sits on a pole on top of the cliffs at Cromer. He was originally covered in tinsel (no idea why) and the last remains of it are still clinging to him.
He is part of Cromer's seaside illuminiations, and only makes any kind of sense if you are from Cromer.
I shall have to head over there one evening and see if I can find him lit up.
That's wild! My first impression was a leftover fireworks display. But then you said it's lit up at night; hmmm, does one have to be 'lit up' to see it properly? Very odd. Are there more or is this the only one?
"Got a big one AL!"
Those bug zappers are nice, even if the noise is a little off putting. ;)
I was thinking caterpillar.
Of course it would make total sense all lit up! Or not. Looks kinda like a seal to me (at least the head).
I was thinking caterpillar, too, but I can see shrimp, a jumbo shrimp that needs a shave. I also wonder if it is lit up at night?
Cynthia: I think most people in Cromer are lit up pretty much most of the time.
And yes, there are many more miscellaneous marine creatures stuck up on poles along the clifftop.
Shan: Hahahahahahaha! Boy that bug zapper would kick out a stink with a giant shrimp frying on it.
Katherine: I sometimes find myself doing that, too. The only problem is I always wake up before I get to be a butterfly.
Katie: Nothing much in Cromer makes any kind of sense at all. Which is part of the charm of the place.
Ms.M: Hee hee. Shrimp shaving sounds a pretty strange occupation.
The parade of marine creatures on poles is lit up right through the summer season. There are more recognisable things like dolphins and crabs but this little fella looked so cute and dejected I just had to snap him.
Plus of course he's weird.
A see through shrimp, must look out for that!
Nice to hear they're lit up. I thought those little boxes at the corners looked like they had something to do with power, but I neglected to enlarge the photo and didn't realize those little bumps were lights. Is there any chance of having a night time photo with the lights on?
Mum: I think you can buy them at David's fish stall.
Lupine Lady: I tend to find myself in Cromer once or twice a year so next time I am up there after dark I shall hunt down the shrimp and photograph it in all its illuminated glory.
Does it light up?
Poor Dive has no broadband at home so looks like a lean time on here!
Callipitter.
Post a Comment