Thursday, November 20, 2014

Now I've Got Window Envy, Dammit!

7 comments:

Speedway said...

Not only the window, Dive. I want the entire room. I imagine Vermeer at an easel, painstakingly painting one of his lovely ladies as she stands at the window. Maybe today, though she'd be dressed as one of the cosplay characters I sent you . At any rate, the light would be pale gold, shimmering off silks and gleaming lace, adding to the luster of pearls.

savannah said...

First thought that came to my mind: "DAMMNNNN, but I'll bet it's cold in there!" I know, no imagination, but it's been really cold here! ;) xoxoxox

Ms M said...

Great photo in B&W. I love those windows.
Isn't this part of a castle you showed us in the past?

dive said...

Vermeer would have found this terribly old-fashioned, Speedway; it would have been four-hundred years old when he was around.

Savannah, you're right; it's always cold in there, even in high summer. Still, if they heaped wood in the big ol' fireplace on the right and set it ablaze I imagine it would be a lot homelier.

No, Ms.M. this is a monastery in north Norfolk. The area is littered with these things.

Petrea Burchard said...

I've been away for a few days (at an anime con, speaking of cosplay) and I'm catching up on your photos. You won't be surprised that this is my favorite.

dive said...

Oooooh, Ryoko Time! Hope you had a blast.

Petrea Burchard said...

It's definitely an ego boost. So nice to meet people who enjoyed my work.