Monday, December 16, 2013

WTF Monday - Fractal Vegetable

I know this has a name, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.
I've been fascinated by these little doohickeys for a while now but hadn't tried one until last weekend.
They're a cross-bred cauliflower/broccoli hybrid with all the yumminess of lightly steamed cauli and the added chemical goodies from healthy broccoli.
Delicious.

But am I the only one who finds the fractal florets kinda cute? Confirmation that the universe is indeed ruled by a mathematical nerd-god?
If you love maths and physics, try one of these. They're yummy.

6 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

I've seen them but never tried them. They are indeed beautiful! I give thanks to the nerd-god.

Alifan said...

I had not tried one until you gave me one last weekend, they are very nice and very pretty! Especially for a Monday!

Speedway said...

That is almost too pretty to eat! I'll have to find one for my engineer nephew - who never met a vegetable he liked, to see if such a beauty might entice him.

Unknown said...

Romanesco - they are yummy

dive said...

Do give them a try, Petrea; they're tasty and healthy (and they look so cool on the plate).

Yup; not the usual Monday Mess, Mum.

He might frame it rather than eat it, Speedway.

Many thanks, John. They are yummy indeed!

Ms M said...

That is an unusual design! "Fractal" is apt. We'll have to try some.