Monday, March 28, 2011

Duck! Here Comes Another Day …

Last week our hopelessly innumerate Tory chancellor, the noxious, plastic-faced smarm-pig and unashamed bankers' apologist oily Osborne, opened his arse cheeks and shat woe upon the country in what he attempted to call "a budget for growth."
Growth, it would appear - other than the facial goitre he so richly deserves - means simply the fattening of bankers' wallets and the lengthening of dole queues.
I would indulge in one of my classic sweary rants but the day after the budget this appeared on a wall in Norwich and I don't think it can be bettered as an economic critique of Tory fiscal policy.

15 comments:

Katherine said...

I love you!

dive said...

Hee hee, Katherine. I love you, too.
Looks like I shall have to refrain from sweary ranting more often (damn).

Robyn Martins said...

Wonderful. Are the Tories the same as Republicans?

dive said...

Heaven forbid, Robyn! The Tories are right wing by European political standards but the Republican Party in the US have over the past decade veered so much further to the right that they would be regarded as Fascist over here.
Your Tea Party would regard the Tories as "Socialists", though we Socialists regard the Tories as right wing crapitalists.
I have yet to discover an American other than Noam Chomsky who has even the faintest understanding of Socialism. I remember laughing out loud when some folk over there accused Obama of being a Socialist. The Democrats currently hold what we would call the "wishy-washy centre-right" political ground. You've not had real Socialists there since the Wobblies, which is a great shame.
Anyhoo … Apologies for waffling on but there's not much Rioja left in the bottle and it tends to make me blather and faff.
What was your question again?

Maria said...

I just think your politics are so much more interesting. Even your names are better.

Tories...that sounds like someone who would make for an interesting neighbor. Now..Republican. That sounds like it should need a prescription to clear it up.

Ms M said...

Dive, I love your explanation! (helps me keep things in perspective)
I think a strong prescription is needed to REALLY clear things up! There's too much "inflammation" these days....

dive said...

Maria, European politics can get pretty sucky but usually they are quite fun. At least here I can vote for a variety of Socialist and Green candidates and actually see some of them elected.
Tory neighbours are a royal pain in the arse. They use that most hypocritical of phrases: "I'm not racist … but …"; ditto with "sexist." It is hugely amusing to watch them when their offspring come out as gay, though. This has happened twice to Tory friends of mine and while they don't actually spontaneously combust, they do spuffle a lot and have absolutely no idea what to say or do.

Ms.M: Drunken explanations are not the most helpful of things. I just re-read mine and had to hold my head in my hands and moan.
I'm not sure a strong prescription is enough to clear up Republicans; an enema might be more in order.

Maria said...

Hey, dude...wanna see a Christmas video that Liv made? Send me your e-mail address (I won't publish it...but may use it for blackmail at a later date...) and I will send it off to you.

dive said...

I'd love to see that, Maria. I have no idea how to send you my address, however. My stalker security is not quite as good as yours, but it's there for a similar reason. If you have any means of getting in contact with Andrea, she has my email address and I'm happy for her to pass it on to you.

Vanda said...

Let me tell you about our budget cuts...On second thought, smeg it!

I finally wrote the 500 word story: http://toadberry500.blogspot.com/2011/03/tuesday.html

dive said...

Hoorah for the word "smeg!"
That's a glorious story, Vanda. I loved every minute of it. You've brightened my day more than you could possibly imagine.

Petrea Burchard said...

That's okay, Dive, many of us (including normal Republicans) regard the Tea Party as fascist, too.

dive said...

Ah, but not proper Fascisti: Mussolini built a fabulous free road network and made the trains run on time; the Tea Party still have some work to do before they achieve that, thought they're well up in the bigotry and insanity stakes.

Petrea Burchard said...

My comment made it sound like I'm a "normal Republican." Some of my best friends are normal, and some are Republicans, but I am neither.

dive said...

Hee hee hee!