Lupine Lady: I am over the moon with the wonderful news! Yippee! Hee hee. All it really means to me is that there'll be one more head to lop off come the Revolution.
Ms.M: Darn tootin! If I didn't have to have a stupid phone line in my house to enable me to use the internet I'd not have a phone of any kind. I shall CERTAINLY not be getting a mobile phone. Ever! Yikes.
I'm curious that you like the computer but not the phone. Clearly this isn't some kind of techno-phobia. So what is about phones?
Personally, I prefer email because I can be a lot more expressive without noisy interruptions. Plus, sometimes I just hate talking. (If my husband were reading this, he would be laughing his buttocks off, but it's true.)
Katherine: I can write, design buildings, run my recording studio and videochat on my computer; all my telephone ever gives me is bad news. I hate the smegging things.
Emailing is all very well but the increasing number of people who compliment me on my handwriting tells me that we are losing the ability to write properly. Bring back fountain pens and lovely, hand-laid notepaper!
I empathize. I hate phones. Analog, cell, doesn't matter. I cringe when a phone rings. I used to work as a switchboard operator (do you remember those?)
Yes, this is a perfect cartoon for you. I hate phones too and my life has improved since we dropped our land line. I like having a cell phone especially since it can entertain me in waiting rooms now. But I LOATHE answering it. I have a short list of people I will willingly talk to and the rest pain me. 'Tis true.
That's exactly how I feel, Shan. Got rid of the land line and carry the cell with me. I think of it as something for my convenience only, not that of others. The nice thing about it is it tells me who's calling and I get to decide whether to answer it or not.
I love my iPhone, but fortunately rarely anyone calls me. It's good for everything else, like listening to music, reading books, breading frogs. I got a land line, soI have a number to put down on forms where I absolutely have to put down a number, but don't actually want to be called. I never answer my land line. If they want to talk to me so bad they can leave a message.
24 comments:
Hi, Dive, I've been imagining how delighted you must be with the exciting royal family news of the engagement. Woohoo and all that!
So, I take it you don't have the latest iPhone? ;)
Lupine Lady: I am over the moon with the wonderful news! Yippee!
Hee hee.
All it really means to me is that there'll be one more head to lop off come the Revolution.
Ms.M: Darn tootin! If I didn't have to have a stupid phone line in my house to enable me to use the internet I'd not have a phone of any kind. I shall CERTAINLY not be getting a mobile phone. Ever! Yikes.
I'm curious that you like the computer but not the phone. Clearly this isn't some kind of techno-phobia. So what is about phones?
Personally, I prefer email because I can be a lot more expressive without noisy interruptions. Plus, sometimes I just hate talking. (If my husband were reading this, he would be laughing his buttocks off, but it's true.)
Katherine: I can write, design buildings, run my recording studio and videochat on my computer; all my telephone ever gives me is bad news. I hate the smegging things.
Emailing is all very well but the increasing number of people who compliment me on my handwriting tells me that we are losing the ability to write properly. Bring back fountain pens and lovely, hand-laid notepaper!
I empathize. I hate phones. Analog, cell, doesn't matter. I cringe when a phone rings. I used to work as a switchboard operator (do you remember those?)
All you need is L... and iPad.
I don't like phones either. I think of mine as a necessary evil. I've never understood people who love to chat on the phone.
Yes, this is a perfect cartoon for you. I hate phones too and my life has improved since we dropped our land line. I like having a cell phone especially since it can entertain me in waiting rooms now. But I LOATHE answering it. I have a short list of people I will willingly talk to and the rest pain me. 'Tis true.
That's exactly how I feel, Shan. Got rid of the land line and carry the cell with me. I think of it as something for my convenience only, not that of others. The nice thing about it is it tells me who's calling and I get to decide whether to answer it or not.
I love my iPhone, but fortunately rarely anyone calls me. It's good for everything else, like listening to music, reading books, breading frogs. I got a land line, soI have a number to put down on forms where I absolutely have to put down a number, but don't actually want to be called. I never answer my land line. If they want to talk to me so bad they can leave a message.
Hee, hee, heeeeeeee!
You spend so much time on face book that the blog is losing out, what has happened to the Mondays rubbish?
Hope work goes well today...
i agree with alifan! why aren't you blogging? i mean, i know why i'm not and it has nothing to do with facebook. xoxoxo
He hasn't been on Facebook, either.
I miss you, Dive, but I hope you're having a good time.
I was being unfair as know he has been very busy at work.. naughty Mum me..but he is missed isn't he?
Yes, Dive, we do miss you. I was wondering if you'd been kidnapped by the "The Office Children" and force-fed "chemical waste" from their lunches.
Oh dear, Ms. M, I hope they aren't feeding him twinkies! Now I'm REALLY worried.
Thanks for reporting, Alifan. I guess Dive has a right to be busy. I suppose we'll have to hijack the blog and enjoy ourselves without him.
I wonder if The Office Children know about deep-fried twinkies....
If they read Dive's blog, they know now!
Miss you Dive! I'm glad your Mum's keeping us posted! I finally had time to post a bit. Hope to hear from you soon.
Me too neetzy..he is OK but this weather is making us all want to just curl up in front of the fire..
But us writing on his blog, may get him angry with me then he may find time to post!!hee he
Alifan,
I am doing the exact thing at the moment. It is terrible outside.
Post a Comment