Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Meanwhile …

Discuss.

Use both sides of the paper if necessary.

10 comments:

Vanda said...

A trip to Walmart.

dive said...

Do they sell those in Walmart, Vanda?
Actually, this is part of a 600 year old carving, the rest of which I shall post later, but the figure on the right reminded me of Edward Gorey's illustrations and the sheer oddness of the composition makes me smile.

neetzy said...

They look Egyptian or Assyrian or something of the sort. i don't know but I LOVE the little guy on the right. Looks like he has to go Potty.

dive said...

He's definitely cute in a weird kind of way, Neetzy.

Scout said...

The bunny has twisted his ankle, and the rat is fishing around in his basket for an ace bandage he has been carrying around for just such an occasion. In exchange, the bunny with offer the rat a swig of the good stuff he's got sloshing around in the decanter.

dive said...

Robyn, can I please have some of your drugs? They're WAY trippier than mine!

Ms M said...

Looks rather alchemical.
The guy on the right is doing a dance while balancing a wine carafe on his left hand, and if he finishes the dance without spilling any, the dog will give him a treat from the basket. Now, what kind of treats would the dog have in his basket??

Ms M said...

Oops -- he's balancing the carafe on his RIGHT hand, not left.
It is Gorey-looking....

Petrea Burchard said...

Eric is ready to go on the picnic but Roberta is still performing her ablutions.

dive said...

Ms.M:It is very Gorey-looking indeed, which is what attracted me to it in the first place. Strange creatures engaged in incomprehensible acts. I wonder what the original sculptor had in mind.

Petrea: I will now be unable to walk past this little tableau (as I must every day) without thinking of the creature on the right as 'Roberta.'
Thank you for that surreal addition to my daily routine.