Friday, October 15, 2010

Buy This


This is the delicious little mediæval house where the strange creatures from the previous post live.
It sits right in the middle of Smallville on the pedestrian shopping street and as you can see, it's for sale if you have some spare cash and are in the market for something 14th century.

15 comments:

savannah said...

600 years old and it was last used as a bistro and bar? What's the asking price, sugar? xoxoxox

dive said...

We're awash with mediæval buildings around here, Savannah. One in Norwich is even used as a motorbike repair shop (sheesh).
I don't know the asking price but it's probably not much, being in Smallville.
xoxoxox

peahen said...

There's a sign in the window saying "For Sale - Fennel". I'd be tempted to go in and ask for some. A bulb of fennel is lovely just baked in tin foil.

MmeBenaut said...

Such riches make we antipodeans positively green with envy.

Ms M said...

Was this building originally a house? (Maybe an alchemist,like Nicolas Flamel lived there) Would the strange creatures have served as "decoration", or would they be there for other purposes?
Interesting to think about....

dive said...

Ha ha, Pea! Mmmmm … fennel.

Mme: It's cold, dark and rainy here. the envy runs both ways.

Ms.M: The building would most likely have been a shop or merchant's trading place. The sign would have included his coat of arms and some arcane hint (the tablueax at either end) of the business transacted there.
Check out my old photo posts on Dragon Hall in Norwich for much more on that sort of thing.

Scout said...

Oooooo, so many possibilities, although is it for sale because no one could make a profit there is Smallville?

dive said...

Robyn, I don't think Smallville folk care about profits; the bookshop opens for about an hour a week and most of that hour is spent with the owner and a bunch of middle-aged bibliophiles drinking coffee and talking crap. It is my favourite social club. I've only ever bought one small book of poetry there and I've never seen anybody else buy anything at all.

If I had the money I'd open "The Hive" in this cute little shop (remember it from the short story?) and just sit behind the counter enjoying the drone of conversation.

Petrea Burchard said...

I want it! Oh. Drat.

dive said...

Me too, Petrea. Double drat!

neetzy said...

I think Shazza should open up an Idiosyncrazies store there. Then I would be able to come and visit, deliver paintings for sale and write it off my income tax.

dive said...

Actually, Neetzy, two doors down the street is an Idiosyncrazies clone! iChamæleonis a shop that changes once a week and gives its space to a different artist or craftsperson each time. Pretty cool for Smallville. I almost bought a painting there last week but it was £1,200 (ouch - too much for me when I can always paint the thing myself, hee hee).

Katherine said...

I am SO there.

dive said...

Woohoo!

Volmon said...

How much is "not much", Dive?