Having said that, Lulu's story from last week's 500 Words assignment (which she just rushed in late) is such a doozy, and probably the most scary and disgusting thing ever written about seafood - check it out: it's at the end of the last Story Time post from a couple of days ago … just don't eat before you read it - that I decided to post a quickie 'What's Cooking' today.
I read Lulu's story just as I got home from David the fishmonger and it's only the fact that I am a truly gross and disgusting person myself that enabled me to eat seafood after reading it.
David's just expanded his mighty emporium with an enlarged shellfish section and as well as my usual stuff I grabbed a bag of marinaded octopus and some little prawns to make a donburi-style lunch.
With a true donburi, you pile the food on top of the rice but I had too much octopus so I plopped it in a plate.
Anyhoo … Not much cooking involved in this one. Just crank up the rice steamer, add a handful of Jasmine rice, boil the kettle for some miso soup, then plonk the whole lot on the table and eat it. The green stuff's wasabi by the way.I promise I'll do some proper cookery posts soon, but this tentacular affair kinda suited Lulu's story as most of you find such things icky.
For any newbies, do click on the "Eat Me" link in my sidebar and check out further forays into cephalopod heaven, including the utterly disgusting "How to dismember fresh squid with your bare hands" post that grossed so many of you out. The creepy one with the live razor clams is in there somewhere, too. Squeamish, beware!
8 comments:
Hee Hee! 500 words did not leave room for the condiment, which I've added as a bonus recipe in the comments section following my story. Wasabi is much safer.
Totally gross, Lulu. I love it.
What an easy and delicious-looking meal! I'd hold the wasabi and have a side of cocktail sauce though. Now, do I dare read Lulu's story?
Cocktail sauce, Katie? Eww (unless it's home-made, that is).
It's a bit of a cheat calling this a "what's cooking" post as there's no real cooking involved, but hey, it had gross tentacle action going on so it was apt for the grossness of Lulu's hilarious tale.
Yurp. Oh my sick. :D
Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!
This looks sort of refreshing in a light way. I'd eat that.
Too late, Robyn. I got there first.
Post a Comment