This week’s sentence was taken from Wilkie Collins’ ‘The Moonstone.’
It was:
‘The Thursday night passed, and nothing happened.’
Just Lulu and me again this week, but Lulu's is an absolute corker!
Lulu's 'Home'
You have got to - and this is an order, so there's no getting out of it - you have got to click on Lulu's conveniently placed 'Jarvis and Smith' links at the top of her sidebar and read ALL seven chapters of this amazing story.
It all started way back in George Eliot's 'Middlemarch' assignment.
Lulu asked quite innocently: 'Is romance novel genre required?'
To which I answered: 'Go with whatever you feel: noir, comedy, space aliens, Godzilla, whatever.'
And so it came to pass. Noir, comedy, space aliens, Godzilla and much, much more (including some very steamy erotica) all came together in Lulu's brain and out popped the Jarvis and Smith stories.
Somehow (I marvel at her ingenuity) Lulu has tied all of these strands of chaos together in this week's chapter with a quite brilliant and very believable denouément and still she manages to slip in a tasty twist at the very end.
I am still grinning, days after reading it.
Dive's 'Thursday Night Fever'
Just me working out some of my issues with the Guy upstairs. Hey ho.
Next assignment tomorrow. Do join in, people. You're missing out on some fun.
2 comments:
heading over to lulu's right now, sugar! xoxoxo
I am kind of tired of the guy upstairs stomping around all night...
Post a Comment