Friday, March 19, 2010

500 Words XXXI - This Week's Sentence

This week's sentence - should you choose to accept it* - is taken from Willa Cather's slow-burn masterpiece 'Death Comes For The Archbishop'.

It is:
'Muerto,' he whispered.

Have fun with it.


* Requiescat in pace Peter Graves (muerto also), who this week set off on one last Mission Impossible.
Let's raise a glass to the man who gave us Captain Oveur ("Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?").
Good luck, Jim.

4 comments:

be of courage ~ adonia prada said...

hmmm...that was hard! http://itsmylifeso.blogspot.com/2010/03/part-ii-pearsons_19.html

~Adonia~

dive said...

Yay, Adonia! You are so speedy with these assignments. I'll pop over once I've finished mine.

Lulubelle B said...

Ok, here's an entirely different fish story. A quiet tale of Davey's day at the beach with Juicy and his parents.

http://lulu-unlimited.blogspot.com/2010/03/dead-fish-swimming.html

Just trying to be normal from time to time.

dive said...

Ooooh! I can't wait!
I'll be over as soon as I've done mine, Lulu. I mustn't get influenced!