Darn. By "architectural row" I was hoping to get a Monty Pythonesque video of assorted architects out rowing on the Thames. How well would Jean Nouvel, I.M. Pei and Frank Gehry get along in a little boat? Anyway, I don't know bupkiss about the Chelsea Barracks dustup, so I'll have to do some research on that, then read the article.
Hmm interesting. I don't know enough about it really, though I would agree that Royals should not be able to intervene just because they are Royal. I suppose it depends what the issue is, certainly sometimes his name can benefit a lot of people, such as those benefitting from the Princes Trust.
The article is ok but not terribly clear to read I found - the title with its colon after Prince Charles suggests (in standard newspaper usage) that Prince Charles is telling someone to shut up, so I was a bit confused as I caught the tone being the other way around! I'm being picky though about editing. I think, quite honestly, you could have done a better job Dive. There often is not, and wouldn't have been, any need to swear to get a point across.
Sorry, guys; no time to blog at the moment (or indeed to post, as you probably noticed).
Lynn: It's the Grauniad; do you really expect correct punctuation? It's a wonder they spelled his name right. I'll try to do better when I have the time, but at the moment I haven't got it so I'm taking a break.
4 comments:
Darn. By "architectural row" I was hoping to get a Monty Pythonesque video of assorted architects out rowing on the Thames. How well would Jean Nouvel, I.M. Pei and Frank Gehry get along in a little boat? Anyway, I don't know bupkiss about the Chelsea Barracks dustup, so I'll have to do some research on that, then read the article.
Don't British papers allow you to post comments on articles?
And if they did, would you be surly? : )
Hmm interesting. I don't know enough about it really, though I would agree that Royals should not be able to intervene just because they are Royal. I suppose it depends what the issue is, certainly sometimes his name can benefit a lot of people, such as those benefitting from the Princes Trust.
The article is ok but not terribly clear to read I found - the title with its colon after Prince Charles suggests (in standard newspaper usage) that Prince Charles is telling someone to shut up, so I was a bit confused as I caught the tone being the other way around! I'm being picky though about editing.
I think, quite honestly, you could have done a better job Dive. There often is not, and wouldn't have been, any need to swear to get a point across.
Sorry, guys; no time to blog at the moment (or indeed to post, as you probably noticed).
Lynn: It's the Grauniad; do you really expect correct punctuation? It's a wonder they spelled his name right.
I'll try to do better when I have the time, but at the moment I haven't got it so I'm taking a break.
Toodle pip!
Post a Comment