Wednesday, March 16, 2011

500 Words XLVI - Story Time

I know I gave you a month to write the stories this time around, but we already have two in so I shall post them here for the non-writers to enjoy, and post up any others as they come in.

Your mission this month (and don't worry if you haven't started yet - there's almost a month left before the deadline) is to produce 500 words inspired by and featuring the scene in Petrea's photograph in yesterday's post.

So far this time we have:

Katherine's 'Ivate's Private Lot'

Utterly delicious, dark and twisted and accidentally featuring the most hilariously inaccurate description of British teatime decorum I've ever read.
Wonderful! I am so glad we started this up again.


Dive's 'Parking For G'

I had a nice sentence to start this one, but after a dozen or so attempts to work a plot around it I just said "screw it" and wrote another Bartleby story. Pulp is easy and I am lazy, but I shall try to buck my ideas up for the next assignment.

3 comments:

dive said...

Thanks, Kate. What a bummer that you had to lose the old blog, but here's hoping the new one will chart the start of the best years of your life.

This is Belgium said...

how does one lose a blog/??? I started on February 1 and so far so good....have not lost it yet
greetings from brussels
http://whatisbelgium.blogspot.com

dive said...

Hi, Anni. Some of us lose blogs deliberately for personal or stalker reasons, though Blogger will occasionally block you out of your own blog (it happened to me last year) if somebody tries to hack your GMail account. It's a real bummer trying to prove you own the blog to get it back. Hey ho.
My brother spends a lot of time in Belgium, attending interminable meetings in Mechelen, so I shall point him at your blog.