Monday, July 27, 2009

WTF Monday


Click on the photo to see what it plays.

Go on … I dare you.

26 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

This is classic WTF. I checked the exchange rate. That's almost $15 bucks American. Worth it, too, for the high quality materials and the wide musical selection.

Dive, this looks like a colorful store.

Sarah Williams said...

Oh Lord, Lord, Lord. Help us. Ya gotta love it.

Katie said...

Wouldn't it be cool if this server played something by Cake? How about "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps". And hey, did you notice the Musical Ice Cream Scoop in the background? I hope it doesn't play "Ice Cream Freeze (Let's Chill)" by Hannah Montana.

Sarah Williams said...

Wait. How did Katie EVER know the title of a Hannah Montana song?! Did you just do a big internet search for ice-cream-related titles?

Alifan said...

Was the little bottle brush there at the front to clean ones ears out so we can hear the music... because I am old I clicked on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!duh.....

dive said...

Petrea: it's a very good kitchen store, full of high quality stuff, but for reasons unknown it has this little corner full of kitsch crap.
Weird.

Sarah: You took the words right out of my mouth.

Katie: Yay for Cake! I'm now sitting in the office with my headphones on, listening to "Mr. Mastodon Farm."

Sarah: Yes, that worried me, too.
A secret fan perhaps?
I think we should be told.

Mum: Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

I leave you alone for months and what do I find when I come back?
Your in love with a yank?

Shall I return to blogville or back to the shadows?

dive said...

All men love a good yank, Kate.

Anonymous said...

Touche Master Dive.

I'm rewriting Thunderbolt as a book.
May I use your "pride and prejudice" post as a forward?

dive said...

Of course you may, Kate. I'd be honoured.

Cynthia said...

I thought my sterling cake server with a naked damsel on the handle was 'out there,' but this takes the cake!

Whatever next?

from cali said...

Me likey! This is the type of thing I would buy were my niece and nephew still youngsters. That is how one gets to be a Mad Aunt!

Dear Katie: does this sound familiar?
Trini Lopez sings the best Spanish version, Quizas, Quizas, Quizas, which, sadly, is no longer to be found on Youtube! Every single person I have ever played it for, including those who don't speak Spanish, LOVE it!

Scout said...

I could do without the tacky Wedding March bit (imagine a wedding reception with that feature), but everybody needs a cake server that plays For He's a Jolly Good Fellow. I do, anyway. hee hee

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Kate you're back? I've missed you.

Dive you rotter and cad, I clicked on the pic. :( lol.
Why on earth would anyone buy this?

dive said...

Cynthia: Your "takes the cake" takes the cake for the biggest giggle of my day. Thank you for that.

You really have a naked damsel cake slice? Awesome!

Cali: Yes, indeedy. This kind of thing earns you a certain reputation in any family.
Go for it!

Robyn: that's just a teensy bit alarming. Hee hee.

Lynn: I think you forget the "ironic tacky gift" market.
I fully expect to receive one of these at Christmas to go with my singing Homer Simpson bottle opener and the beer mug that plays the Coronation Street theme tune (I kid you not).

dive said...

Oh, and Cali: thank you a million times for the truly wonderful Doris Day moment. I shall bookmark that one for sure.
Yay!

from cali said...

You are welcome, Dive. I am not as good a yank as Katie, but I try. ;)

from cali said...

I'm not a good yank like Katie reads better!

(Hi, Katie!)

dive said...

Hee hee!
Ms. Incorrigible strikes again!

from cali said...

Ms. Incorrigble has been busy. Better work now.FOUND IT

from cali said...

Sorry to take over your blog, Dive, but Katie hit a nerve with her reference!!!

Lyrics

Shan said...

Well, I don't even have a non musical cake server so this does seem a little over the top. If only it were gold plated or something they could sell it in the Skymall catalogue for the truly frivolous shopper. :)
What the Flip?

Petrea Burchard said...

Sing it to me, Trini! I'd buy a poop scooper that played that. I'd buy anything.

dive said...

Cali: Yay for Trini!
And thanks for the lyrics, too.
I shall happily annoy my workmates with that all day. Hee hee.

Shan: Yes, this would be great in SkyMall (my favourite bathtime reading).

Petrea: check Skymall; you can probably get a Trini-themed musical pooper scooper in there … you can certainly get everything else!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

No wonder I forgot that category Dive. Yep, I'll keep it forgotten I think. Was trying to think if I've received any tacky gifts. Apart from snowstorms, which are great and not tacky at all? Nope, no I don't think so. OH wait! Do large candles shaped as penises count? Oh yes, yeah, I had those. Yes, I did.

dive said...

Snowglobes are awesome, Lynn!

As for the large candles shaped like penises, what exactly did you do with those?

Er … Perhaps you'd better leave that unanswered.