Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Bit Of Perspective

As morning breaks, I'm still listening to the ethereally lovely Regina Spektor album Peahen sent me yesterday. Ms. Spektor has a way with words that betrays a love of twisting and playing with language, and which is both funny and occasionally startling.
The DVD is great, too; an endearing home-made feel to it.
A little bit kooky and a little bit spooky … Love it.

As I'm in the middle of a splendidly entertaining day's drudgery and chores, I don't have time to think of anything to write, so here's one of my favourite cartoons (I have a copy framed on my bathroom wall to put things in perspective when I'm still mentally screaming in anguish from having to get up in the middle of the night and set forth on the commute from hell; I find it very comforting). I hope it puts any troubles you might have in perspective, too.





Grovelling apologies to the great Kyle Baker for reproducing his work without permission. But, hey; this isn't for profit, Kyle; it's to persuade people to go out and buy your stuff.
Kyle draws my very favourite cartoon woman (outside of the world of Love and Rockets, that is): Anne Merkel, heroine of his wonderful book "Why I Hate Saturn". Go buy it today.
Jessica Rabbit eat your heart out. Anne is neurotic, drunk, clever, funny, and totally fucked up and she'll always be the cartoon gal for me.

3 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

That comic is fantastic. Have you ever heard of the pulp book "The Gods Hate Kansas"? I thought of that when I read about the Saturn hatred. I want to find a copy of the book and blow up the cover.

Old Knudsen said...

God is a woman? that would explain a lot.

dive said...

'Fraid so …
What's worse; the Devil is, too, so we can't hide down there either..

Sassy, I'll look that one up. Sounds fun. Post the cover if you find a copy.