Friday, March 26, 2010

500 Words XXXII - This Week's Sentence

This week’s sentence is taken from L. Frank Baum’s deliciously subversive tale, ‘The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz’.

It is:
‘Not a tree nor a house broke the broad sweep of flat country that reached to the edge of the sky in all directions.’

Give your mind a good sniff of the sentence, then slip off its leash and let it run free.
The rules are the same as always.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

be of courage ~ adonia prada said...

oh boy....this looks like a challenge :)

dive said...

It might well be a tricky one for a Maryland girl, Adonia. You'll have to think 'prairie'. Luckily for me I live in huge sky country so I'm used to endless horizons.

Unknown said...

I'm in between semesters so I may have to try this one out!

dive said...

Yay! That'll be great, Todd.

Lulubelle B said...

"Little Apple" 16-year-old Lulu goes cross country and spends the US Bicentennial* in Manhattan Kansas.

http://lulu-unlimited.blogspot.com/2010/03/little-apple.html

This one's as true as memory allows.

*that would be July 4, 1976

be of courage ~ adonia prada said...

Hello there. Phew - well I did it! This is fun. I'm excited to see where my story goes. :)

http://itsmylifeso.blogspot.com/2010/03/part-3-my-boy-jake.html

Excited for this weeks sentence!
Always,
Adonia