Monday, January 13, 2014

Selections Sent For Approval …



Once again: no captions or alterations necessary.
Balm, trusses and creepy photos: I do love Victorian advertisements.

4 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

I looked up "truss" and got architectural renderings. You boys must be giggling at work all the time.

Ms M said...

I guess this is where the old saying "all trussed up" comes from? They look positively frightening -- even if this brand did receive "the only award over 68 competitors". (It doesn't say what the award was for).

But the Balm of Columbia is a whole other thing if it can prevent Hair, Whiskers or Moustaches from turning gray....

dive said...

Petrea, it's a non-stop riot of innuendo.

Ms.M. if only the balm stopped hair from falling out I'd order a bucketload straight away.

Speedway said...

OK, it's a hundred-and-good-god-how-many years later, but NUTHIN' has changed but the media by which it's delivered.

Naughty pictures of English and French actresses have become YouTube, Google and porno sites galore.

Women still want to cover the gray with Clairol and men want the Rogaine to keep their hair from falling out. (Anybody remember the spray-on stuff that men could use to color their hair and disguise their bald spots?)

And trusses? Hell, I dunno. Maybe "hard rubber trusses" can be found in bouncy houses, but guys, what do you do except get repairs with surgical mesh? The TV advertisements over here are rife with promises of "potential cash settlements" from malpractice lawsuits for mesh that has failed both male and female patients.