Buggrit … You wait years for a partial solar eclipse to be visible from Norwich, get all your camera gear and tripod into the orifice, check with the weather-folk that it's going to be clear and sunny all week and what happens?
It's fucking cloudy; that's what happens. The eclipse is now at its most intense and all we get is clouds and a little gloominess.
That's the partial eclipse, just about in the centre of the photo.
Arse …

8 comments:
What a bummer! Not to get all hippy-dippy on you (although I do live in Berkeley), but your photo is a good metaphor for life these days: something cool almost visible on the horizon, but not quite in focus yet.
Darn tootin' Katie.
My astronomy folk tell me there's a total eclipse coming up later this year but - inevitably - it will only be visible from Antarctica.
I know if I sell my house and buy a ticket to Antarctica it'll be bloody cloudy. Hey ho.
I totally forgot, not that it mattered around here! It was overcast here, too. I'm honestly not even sure it was supposed to be visible here! I'm still recovering and in a fog, so there you go! xoxo
Total aside, but what's your take on Lucy Worsley?
Hi, Savannah! Here's to your fog lifting and you feeling perkier by the minute. xoxo
Lucy Worsley? THat's random!
She's the BBC's favourite upper class twit and she loves dressing up just a little bit too much. Her next series should be on Victorian asylums so they could dress her in a straitjacket, lock the door and go home happy.
Dive, I have an LED bulb you can borrow. Put it in the kitchen, or any other suitable orifice. Turn it on well after dark. Go to the other side of the light fixture where, hopefully you have another, slightly smaller bulb installed. Focus your camera on that bulb. Turn off the lights then, quickly, take pictures of the lights. The LED should fade away gradually, giving you eclipse-like photos of the two bulbs.
For reference, see earlier "Full Moon" post in SDP. Otherwise, this is all sheer conjecture/bullshit. :-)
Hahahahaa! Excellent as ever, Speedway.
Wow. Who'd have thought you'd have such weather in England?
Hahahahaha. Thanks for that, Petrea. We're having a stupid heatwave but our skies aren't the lovely clear blue of yours; more like living in a dirty Tupperware container in a steam room. Bleah …
Post a Comment