Thursday, September 17, 2015

Reflections

Pink frock and fur stole reflected in the glory of an XK140.
Goodwood … what's not to love?

8 comments:

Alifan said...

Nice snap! very shiny…

Alifan said...

Whoops hope no one thinks it is you in the reflection!

Speedway said...

Oooo, beautiful color. I've been thinking about the design of the automobiles, how they now all look alike, etc. I have the notion that the beautiful, older chassis we love were drawn based on deisigners' notions of what they thought was aerodynamic, while our contemporary cars have all been in the air-tunnel. The newer cars all look alike because the conclusions are all the same.

dive said...

Mum, you know I don't wear furs, and besides, that's not my frock.

Isn't it gorgeous, Speedway? They always have a motor show event at Goodwood where Ferrari, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Mercedes. BMW, Maserati et al show their latest supercars in amongst their classics from the fifties and sixties. I don't know why they bother because the elegance and beauty of the vintage cars throws the ugliness of the new ones into sharp relief.

savannah said...

I miss lovely cars with elegant designs. There was something about riding in a Lincoln that made me feel as if I owned the world. Maybe it was because I got to sit in the back so that my dress wouldn't get wrinkled. It did help that was only 8 or 9 years old. xoxoxxo

Ms M said...

Nice photo - fiercely beautiful...

Petrea Burchard said...

Savannah, you've hit it—cars used to have such style. Now I can't tell one from another.

dive said...

You DO own the world, Savannah!
xoxoxoxo

Lovely description, Ms.M.

Darn tootin' Petrea.