Another one? Where do these bloody things keep coming from? They're worse than Reader's Digest.
Having received an unbroken run of five spectacularly shitty years I suppose this next one will follow suit and head straight for hell in a handcart.
Hey ho.
As for resolutions for 2015:
I hereby resolve to get older and bitchier, to be more cynical, drink too much coffee, read books, moan about politics, mercilessly mock religion, swear a lot, read more books, jest in a most unseemly manner, spend money I do not have, act in as ungracious and curmudgeonly a fashion as is humanly possible and generally to fail dismally at love and life; resolutions I am confident of achieving with flying colours.
Happy crappy new year, peeps.
8 comments:
Who are you?
It's Carapace Dive, the one wearing a suit woven of sarcasm and dripping with the gravy of cynicism. Haven't figured where he got the meal, but he's having trouble digesting it. Give him an aspirin and a reassuring hug and he'll be fine in the morning.
Happy New Year, Dive. I got told I need to find time to swim 1000 to 2000 meters a day in add'n to practice. I'm sour, too. Smiling anyway.
I like "Carapace Dive." But Dive, I recommend you stop caring so much. Politics? The news? It never changes, so to be happy you must ignore it.
It's like salt. At first you think you miss it, but pretty soon everything's better without it.
Happy new year.
Sounds like the curmudgeon meter is up to 11 on this year already ;-)
Let's have a toast to the spirit of Dionysus to help us even out the unpleasant stuff.
Mum, if you haven't figured it out after 56 years I don't think you ever will.
Yikes, Speedway; that's a whole lotta metres! Good luck!
Petrea: I live to moan and complain and gripe and mutter darkly to myself. Please don't take away my raison d'etre.
A hugely happy new year to you, John and Wilma.
Ms M: Now THAT's a good suggestion. Fortunately, Santa brought me some 16 year old malt so let's raise a glass to good ol' Dinoysus. Cheers!
A side note: John and I call our house the "maison d'ebtre."
Hahahahahahahaha! Brilliant, Petrea.
Happy New Year, sweetpea! Rant on, Dive and shake your fist at the Evil Ones (of your choice, of course) and everything else you said, BUT, don't turn away from the possibilities of Love. the thought of it keeps you on your toes and your game sharp. ;)
xoxoxoxx
p.s. I finally posted Birthday Party/New Years Eve photos!
Post a Comment