It's just an elevator on vacation, getting nekkid on the beach. Put an office block around it and people use 'em every day. This one's a slow, rack and pinion style lift, much safer than the rickety, high speed dangly wire jobs you get in office blocks (where profit ALWAYS comes before the maintenance budget). Look closely and you'll see they've thoughtfully installed a ladder for when it breaks down.
Today's advice: Live and work somewhere you can reach with stairs, not so many dumb floors above the ground that you need to trust your building owner's maintenance plan and ride the dangly box.
7 comments:
Hope you are better this morning, Glad they did not go up in that…
Aaah! Wh-why?
It's just an elevator on vacation, getting nekkid on the beach. Put an office block around it and people use 'em every day.
This one's a slow, rack and pinion style lift, much safer than the rickety, high speed dangly wire jobs you get in office blocks (where profit ALWAYS comes before the maintenance budget).
Look closely and you'll see they've thoughtfully installed a ladder for when it breaks down.
Today's advice: Live and work somewhere you can reach with stairs, not so many dumb floors above the ground that you need to trust your building owner's maintenance plan and ride the dangly box.
That's why I work at home. When the floor falls through, it's my fault.
Which reminds me, I dreamt about earthquakes last night.
I think I'd need a stiff drink before riding in that.
Although it was very thoughtful of them to put a ladder next to it....
Eek, Petrea! Earthquakes and elevators. No fun at all.
Ms.M some folk are really considerate, though I don't think I'd ever want to go to the beach quite enough to use that thing.
Post a Comment