As it's still officially February here, last Sunday morning we donned sweaters, coats and scarves and headed out into the summer heat. The blue sky and bright sunshine lightened our hearts.
We headed to the Cathedral to celebrate the successful fledging of all four of this year's peregrine chicks and managed to see at least some of the new family. They're pretty hard to spot so I've circled them in red.
The brightness of the sunshine made photographing them really easy … er …
Here's one of the adults in a classic movie pose, pretending to be Batman watching over Gotham.
This chick was yelling and shrieking at its parents to come and feed it. Just like kids everywhere.
It's still got a lot of downy feathers, which considering the bitter nor'easterly that was blowing seemed a sensible strategy.
So congratulations to the peregrine parents for doubling their output this year. Four chicks successfully fledged is quite an achievement, especially in our permanent state of winter.







7 comments:
Wonderful series of photos -- and yay for the peregrines!
Maybe Spring will arrive later this month?
Thanks for the lovely family Sunday morning, You should get the folks on here to check my blog and see the Peregrines close up? Skip Jamie and Steven are happy for me to post their photos, I would buy you a lens like theirs if I could!
I think we'll have to wait until next year for Spring, Ms.M.
The peregrines are certainly a cure for bad weather blues, however.
Mum, if I had a lens like theirs I'd put my back out trying to lift it.
How wonderful. You have great eyesight - I would never have spotted them.
Hi, Jules. I was helped by the massed ranks of photographers and binocular-girded twitchers pointing up at them.
Sounds like a bit like an African safari!!!
… only colder.
Post a Comment