Yep Marmite is the evil cousin of Vegemite. It makes me wonder though, why would you ruin a perfectly good cashew? At the butchers the other day I discovered Vegemite flavoured sausages.
Never heard of Marmite. The names sounds like a type of ore that's mined (Yep, found a hot vein of Marmite in the lower hills...). Does it leave little crystalline forms on the cashews?
Katherine, I have Altoids everywhere. I love the little tins they come in.
Kate: Vegemite flavoured sausages? Yowza! I'm going to get me some sausages and smear the feckers with Marmite. Awesome! Bacon, too. Mmmmm.
Ms.M, the basic ingredient of Marmite is the gooey crap that's left at the bottom of beer fermentation vats at Adnams brewery just a few miles from here (that's real ale vats, not icky sugary fizzy lager). It's a living poo-soup full of yeast and malt and the Marmite people concentrate it down until it is thicker and darker than molasses and stinks like a startled family of skunks. There are only two kinds of people in England: those who love Marmite so much we'd maim a friend to get at it, and those who run screaming. No middle ground.
Try some. I imagine it's available in some speciality stores over there, though you may need some kind of offensive weapons licence to buy it.
Rolling on the floor laughing my arse off at the... "(Yep, found a hot vein of Marmite in the lower hills...)." ....kinda reminds me of what you would say when changing a small baby who'd been fed marmite on toast.
Oh I've heard of Marmite but never had the privilege to try it. Hubby used to brew his own beer...mostly ales and stouts and porters. (sorry, my e is sticking.) There was some interesting stuff left at the end....I'd give it a go.
@ Dive: Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I'll try some sometime, altho after Kysis's spin, probably not for breakfast. He must have a lot of experience with dirty diapers.... ;)
Petrea, I tried the Blogger backup. The file looked okay when I backed up and just opened it, but when I actually downloaded and saved the file, everything was so goofy looking I couldn't read it. My post font size exploded, there were enormous gaps between each word and the entire document was ridiculously long. Let me know what happens when you try it. I am curious if it's just me.
Pretty disappointing, Katherine. I've been blogging for nearly three years and there's less than one year's worth of stuff in the document. The posts are in html, which is okay, but it says "contact Blogger" for help to reinstall it. Like anyone at Blogger is ever going to respond.
I wonder how it works with those ads that say you can turn your blog into a book. Wonder how easy that really is--not that I would do it because my blog is a mess of nothing patched together.
The blog-to-book thing seems to work pretty well, though you have to do some editing to get the photos right. I've only tried it on 500 Words as it would take the gross national product of a medium sized country to pay for all of Small Glass Planet to be turned into book form.
I block and copy each of my posts and save them to a word processing file -- a file for each month's posts. If I wanted to make a book, I could, but would need to do some formatting work. I've been blogging since 2006, so I've got a bunch, too.
Ok guys, what I did with the Kate Isis Chronicles was to slurp it into Booksmart. Booksmart has a function where when they slurp your blog you can elect what posts to include in your blog to book. I chose to slurp my blog one year at a time and edit out any posts that I didn't want. Or you can look at your posts and divide them topic wise and choose to make a book about certian posts like I have done with teh Thunderbolt series.
21 comments:
What the smeg is marmite?
The most evil substance known to man.
Oh I thought that was the brand name, not a spice or something.
Do you have Altoids over there? They're "curiously strong mints" that can help your halitosis. : )
Yep Marmite is the evil cousin of Vegemite.
It makes me wonder though, why would you ruin a perfectly good cashew?
At the butchers the other day I discovered Vegemite flavoured sausages.
Yuck!
Never heard of Marmite. The names sounds like a type of ore that's mined (Yep, found a hot vein of Marmite in the lower hills...). Does it leave little crystalline forms on the cashews?
Katherine, I have Altoids everywhere. I love the little tins they come in.
Kate: Vegemite flavoured sausages? Yowza! I'm going to get me some sausages and smear the feckers with Marmite. Awesome! Bacon, too. Mmmmm.
Ms.M, the basic ingredient of Marmite is the gooey crap that's left at the bottom of beer fermentation vats at Adnams brewery just a few miles from here (that's real ale vats, not icky sugary fizzy lager). It's a living poo-soup full of yeast and malt and the Marmite people concentrate it down until it is thicker and darker than molasses and stinks like a startled family of skunks.
There are only two kinds of people in England: those who love Marmite so much we'd maim a friend to get at it, and those who run screaming. No middle ground.
Try some. I imagine it's available in some speciality stores over there, though you may need some kind of offensive weapons licence to buy it.
Rolling on the floor laughing my arse off at the...
"(Yep, found a hot vein of Marmite in the lower hills...)."
....kinda reminds me of what you would say when changing a small baby who'd been fed marmite on toast.
Puts a whole new spin on eating breakfast.
Eww!
Babyshit is nowhere near as stinky and disgusting as Marmite.
Oh I've heard of Marmite but never had the privilege to try it. Hubby used to brew his own beer...mostly ales and stouts and porters. (sorry, my e is sticking.) There was some interesting stuff left at the end....I'd give it a go.
I'm not a lover of cashews so maybe it would be an improvement.
I googled "back up blog blogger" and got this:
http://www.labnol.org/internet/blogging/backup-your-blogger-blog/5984/
haven't tried it yet. Will let you know if it's easy.
@ Dive: Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I'll try some sometime, altho after Kysis's spin, probably not for breakfast. He must have a lot of experience with dirty diapers.... ;)
Marmite on toast is what I am eating at the moment, whoops there goes more crumbs in the keyboard!
Yes you either love it or hate it, but I love it...but not sure about what others think it taste's like!
Petrea, I tried the Blogger backup. The file looked okay when I backed up and just opened it, but when I actually downloaded and saved the file, everything was so goofy looking I couldn't read it. My post font size exploded, there were enormous gaps between each word and the entire document was ridiculously long. Let me know what happens when you try it. I am curious if it's just me.
Pretty disappointing, Katherine. I've been blogging for nearly three years and there's less than one year's worth of stuff in the document. The posts are in html, which is okay, but it says "contact Blogger" for help to reinstall it. Like anyone at Blogger is ever going to respond.
I know. That was disappointing!
I wonder how it works with those ads that say you can turn your blog into a book. Wonder how easy that really is--not that I would do it because my blog is a mess of nothing patched together.
The blog-to-book thing seems to work pretty well, though you have to do some editing to get the photos right.
I've only tried it on 500 Words as it would take the gross national product of a medium sized country to pay for all of Small Glass Planet to be turned into book form.
That's disappointing, too, as I've got nearly 1100 posts.
I block and copy each of my posts and save them to a word processing file -- a file for each month's posts. If I wanted to make a book, I could, but would need to do some formatting work. I've been blogging since 2006, so I've got a bunch, too.
Petrea, that would make a great coffee table book on Pasadena.
Ms.M: Why, oh why did I not think to do that all those years ago? Hey ho.
Ok guys, what I did with the Kate Isis Chronicles was to slurp it into Booksmart.
Booksmart has a function where when they slurp your blog you can elect what posts to include in your blog to book.
I chose to slurp my blog one year at a time and edit out any posts that I didn't want.
Or you can look at your posts and divide them topic wise and choose to make a book about certian posts like I have done with teh Thunderbolt series.
They really manufacture something like this? Wow.
Post a Comment