My, my. You sure had some fun with Louisa May Alcott. Poor woman must be spinning in her grave.
Now it's Ken Kesey's turn. This week's sentence is taken from his glorious 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.'
It is:
'Out along the dim six-o'clock street, I saw leafless trees standing, striking the sidewalk there like wooden lightning, concrete split apart where they hit, all in a fenced-in ring.'
The usual rules apply. Go have some messy fun.
9 comments:
"Meeting" No dimples this time.
http://lulu-unlimited.blogspot.com/2010/02/meeting.html
Good morning good readers, I managed to steal myself away from my writing projects to put this together for you (pretty much feel bad for my absences of late!).
Please enjoy,
The Rider
Ooh - this is going to be good! What a fantastic sentence - no wonder we had to study that book in English when I was at school! I didn't enjoy it then; having a bipolar stepfather and a schizophrenic sister, both of whom spent their fair share of time "inside", it was all a little too close to home.
I did love Jack N. in his role when the movie came out though.
Lulu, I am still giggling at your latest glorious J&S story. I had to wait until I had finished my own before popping over but it was well worth the wait.
Todd: Great to have you back.
I love the apocalyptic imagery in your latest, though it does make me yearn to sit and watch old westerns.
I'm afraid the word verification thing is dropping off the bottom of the page when I try to comment so I'll have to say "Excellent!" over here instead.
Mme: Ah, that wonderful movie! I preferred the ending in the book, but ol' Jack was totally awesome in the film. Unforgettable.
Damn it. I can't find the code that's causing that grief - I've turned the word verification off for good. Instead I have comment moderation on and will have to go that route. Ahh the whiles of tinkering.
Hee hee, Todd. Blogging can be a real bugger, sometimes.
No kidding. I seriously had no intention of overhauling this blasted thing this morning - Lulu posted the other night and let me know it didn't look right.
I looked, and sure enough - Kaplooie-city. Oh well, I grabbed a template from Outer-Internet-Space and just made due.
Somehow, through it all, that word verification bug followed me like a childhood disease.
Oh well.
Soups and Spoons,
Todd
Ah, but the story is worth the hassle, Todd.
I do particularly like your new anti-hero.
Who? the guy in the story? or me and my website... ha. Seriously, I clicked on my link Sunday morning and damnation!
Post a Comment