Friday, February 12, 2010

500 Words XXVI - This Week's Sentence

This week’s sentence is taken from Louisa May Alcott’s ‘Little Women’.

It is:
‘A pair of silk stockings, that pretty carved fan, and a lovely blue sash.’

I just know you can make something out of that lot, though I dread to think what Lulu and Jarvis might concoct after the past couple of weeks mayhem of steamy erotica, film noir, space aliens, Godzilla and wild drug abuse.
You certainly get your money's worth with 500 Words.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Lulubelle B said...

That's not a sentence :-P

dive said...

Lulu: Blame Ms. Alcott for her grammar. It starts with a capital and finishes with a full stop so I'm including it here.
Plus, of course, it has a sash in it, which should tie in nicely with poor Jarvis and his excellent adventure.
Spooky that I'd picked the (alleged) sentence prior to reading your story.

Katherine said...

How wonderful!!

Lulubelle B said...

If you keep feeding me useful prompts the adventure may get even more excellenter.

Katherine said...

Per Dive, I continued the previous story. http://luxuriouschoices.blogspot.com/2010/02/zoology-continued-for-lack-of-better.html

Lulu, looking for more excellenter stories!!

MmeBenaut said...

Oh how I loved that book when I was a "little woman". I related to Jo; saw myself as her. I can hardly wait to read your piece for this one dear!

dive said...

Lulu: An excellenter adventure would be spiffy!

Katherine: Ooooh! I'll pop over as soon as I've finished mine.

Mme: Hee hee. I'm afraid mine won't be much like the original!

Volmon said...

In my sex-starved state, that sentence is a story in itself.

Lulubelle B said...

Done. "Probing Questions"

http://lulu-unlimited.blogspot.com/2010/02/probing-questions.html

Hee Hee.

Unknown said...

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth - well maybe metaphorically I have. Tough semester and haven't had time to get inventive! When time permits I'll post up some of my assignments from this semester.

Now back to grading papers!

dive said...

Lucio: Hee hee!

Lulu: Oh, my. Brilliant as ever.

Todd: No worries. I've been too busy to blog myself. Maybe when Spring comes around we'll find the time to get back to it. The crappy weather certainly doesn't help inspire creativity.