A Salinger quote would be too obvious an assignment this week, much as I am tempted. Instead I shall plump for another dead American curmudgeon and take our sentence from William Burroughs 'Cities Of The Red Night.'
The sentence is:
'He was passing a huge marble snail, a bronze frog and a beaver.'
Try to avoid any stories involving not being able to get the toilet seat down, and instead let your oddball imaginations burst forth in unexpected directions, lubricated by the intoxicating and occasionally hallucinogenic creative juices that appear to bubble away inside your skulls.
All the usual rules apply. Yadda yadda.
9 comments:
Maybe I'll work on this story on the plane tonight! (Ok not, but it's a great sentence. Maybe I'll see some huge marble snails, bronze frogs and a beaver in Thailand and Laos though!) I'll miss SGP while I'm away, but I'll try to check once I get to Thailand. More soon!
Two questions: Through which orifice? How did he manage to ingest them in the first place? {;-)
Katie: Have a fantastic vacation (I know you will and am jealous as hell … hee hee).
Yes, by all accounts there is plenty of beaver in Thailand, but I'd advise you to stick to chilling by the pool in that fabulous hotel in Chaing Mai.
Bon Voyage!
Lucio: The answer to that question is up to you as a storyteller. Busy as you are, will we ever be able to tempt you to join us at 500 Words, I wonder?
Tempting, Dive - tempting. However, I visit other people's blogs to get *away* from writing! (My own, that is.) {;-)
Here's mine. Not porn, but not quite our regularly scheduled programming.
Feed Your Head
http://lulu-unlimited.blogspot.com/2010/02/feed-your-head.html
Lucio: You work way too hard! Hee hee.
Lulu: Sheesh! You are so quick! I've not even started mine yet, so I'll pop over to read yours when mine is done.
I don't work at all, Dive. I give: and it's a privilege to be able to do so. {:-)
Oh that's rich!! I am a little caught up with my writing, so I might actually have time to take this on.
Lucio: Hee hee.
Katherine: It's definitely a teaser. As yet I have no idea what I shall write about, but I shall try to avoid 'beaver' jokes.
Post a Comment