I think I need to get me one of these.
It must surely be faster and more efficient than my current pooter, which is waging a personal war of spite against me.
This particular miniature marvel is being delivered to Norwich City Hall sometime in the 1950s. I'm pretty sure the Planning Department is still using it.

2 comments:
This reminds me of my dad. He was a professor of sociology at Northern Illinois Unitersity. He loved the computers there. I never saw them; must have been a basement full of them somewhere on campus. In the late 1960s/early 70s my father would bring home piles of used punch cards. We stacked them by the phone to use as note paper.
Yay! I remember those punch cards only too well. Our school got its first computer when I was in the Upper Sixth and only Præfects were allowed to see it. It was thee size of a VW Beetle and did basic maths via punch cards.
We used to race it using our slide rules and we never lost once. Computers! Pah! We were pretty confident they'd never take off.
Ah, those days of innocent wonder …
Post a Comment